Honored Contributor

Re: I love Shawns transformation

I’ve always though Shawn was cute but some of her hair and fashion choices were distracting. But overall I like her and think she’s an asset to qvc. 

Occasional Contributor

NOPE

Frequent Contributor

Amen!

Respected Contributor

I haven’t been able to tune in to QVC very much lately but I have to agree that the last time I saw Shawn she looked great and sounded happy and light-hearted. Good for her. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

kWhen I tuned back in to watch QVC after a multiple years-break,

I couldn't  believe what Shawn looked like.

On her first few years, she had an unkempt, "modern-hippy" look.

Her clothing choices matched her rambling vocabulary, very distracting, unmatched, and waaaaay too young for her age.

She had bracelets stacked up her arm and a story about each one.

(remember the ring she designed? Is it still available?)

She was a train wreck., but could be lovable. She could make you laugh with her......or AT her.....it depended....

When I recently tuned in, my jaw literally dropped. QVC apparently decided

enough was enough and forced her to tow the company line.

Shawn in NO WAY is a fashionista.

Her apparel is her costume and not her identity, for sure.

I think she was her real self back then, quirky and cool. Now she's conforming and reigned in.

Unless you'd seen her in her early days, you'd never guess  (from the way she behaves/looks now) what a *wild child* she was!

Frequent Contributor

I love that her hair no longer hides her face and eyes. I thought she was hiding a facial feature from the world. Nice bright confident look now.

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I’ve always though Shawn was cute but some of her hair and fashion choices were distracting. But overall I like her and think she’s an asset to qvc. 

I totally agree with you. I enjoy watching her different looks, hair styles (glad she finally got it out of her eyes!), make-up and the different glasses she wears is fun. Yes, she isn't like most of us but she is herself, evolving as we all do but maybe not as obbvious, and I enjoy her sense of humor and quirkiness. 

Respected Contributor

I like her new hair style - growing out the layers, the long side bangs, and the highlights - the new simpler style and the color look very nice on her.

I also like the fact she wears a deeper lipstick now.

She looks nice.

(Except for wearing the readers down towards the end of her nose. 

She does have cute frames, they just need to worn where they should be.) 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Yes, I do.  

I think Shawn saw herself as QVC's #1 style innovator host. She was given the PM Style Show, and was probably told that she was considered their heavy hitter at one time.

But Qurate came along and it seems to me (I have no actual knowledge of any of this) that all hosts have been put on notice to basically earn their positions through any transitions executives decide to make to better the financial quarterly results. 

If sales were stellar, there would have been no PMS shake-up.  That's business.  It was taken away, and I do believe that's a huge humble-pie move to try to get better sales from another host.

Now Shawn, while keeping her innate unique style, seems to be  less "in your face just because I can," and more pleasant and focused.  I see it in her presentations and her style.   

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  - I so agree with on what you said about the PMS show.  Had the PTB been happy with sales from the show, she'd still be the host.