Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty @I just went through the same thing. I'm rooting for you.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty Please, let us know how these things work for you! What fun.

Honored Contributor

Re: I look blah

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty    You definitely need a new lipstick or lip balm.  I am older than you and my skin is normal.  I wear Bobbi Brown Fluid powder foundation light to medium coverage.  It's a liquid and I love light coverage, sweatproof, waterproof, matte finish.  It does not look like you are wearing makeup at all.  Swtich to a brown mascara and use it lighly (one swipe) and finish with a little blush (Kylie cosmetics has beautiful shades and they are under $20).   Once a week or once every two weeks use a facial exfoliator. You will feel brand new.  p.s.  Bobbi Brown is 15% off at Nordstrom now.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

Sounds like you got some beautiful new products!  And probably getting some new fresh things will give you the incentive to play with them and make you feel more like giving it a go!  I've pretty much been feeling like you.  Just kind of washed out and like the old stuff I had was not cutting it!  I think also I was still stuck on wearing the types of makeup items that always worked for me before --- and of course --- being 69 --- none of it works now!  I hope these new things will make you feel more refreshed!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Meowingkitty 

Sounds like you got some beautiful new products!  And probably getting some new fresh things will give you the incentive to play with them and make you feel more like giving it a go!  I've pretty much been feeling like you.  Just kind of washed out and like the old stuff I had was not cutting it!  I think also I was still stuck on wearing the types of makeup items that always worked for me before --- and of course --- being 69 --- none of it works now!  I hope these new things will make you feel more refreshed!  

I basically just got lazy. Like who cares anymore and I was just feeling like why bother. I don't wear lipstick but the other things I bought should be fine. I was wearing drug store stuff because I didn't want to spend the money on the good stuff and I think it showed. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

I love lip products -- they are my favorite!  I will wear them when I wear nothing else on my face!  I think a person can find nice things at the drugstores and I'm all about that!  Not to say that the department store products aren't great, because they are!  It's just hard to find the incentive at times to make the effort.  When we do, we feel so much better.  The old saying - when you look good, you feel good ---has a lot of value!  It's not everything, but it sure helps! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

110% agree with you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So I thought I would ck out bobbi brown products having never used or checked them out ever. Then I change my mind after reading this:

Did you know that 80% of the ingredients in our products (makeup, skincare, etc.) are absorbed into our bodies and then into our bloodstreams ultimately hurting your reproductive system so much more! 

Let’s take a look at Bobbi Brown’s toxic ingredients;

We all know of Bobbi Brown, but did you know just how toxic their products are? Let’s start with the Bobbi Brown Foundation, here are just a few of the toxic ingredients they use:

Talc: this ingredient is used in cosmetics as an absorbent, anti-caking and bulking. Generates respiratory and skin irritation. Carcinogenic. Has an FDA warning.

Octinoxate: This ingredient has been nominated to the Toxicology program in 2006 and is a known endocrine disrupter, is a possible carcinogenic, and generates organ system toxicity.

Butyl Paraben : preservatives that is toxic to reproduction , is a hormone disruptor , and carcinogenic!

Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate: this ingredient has been nominated to the National Toxicology program in 2006! It is used in cosmetics as a UVB radiant protection, but it is known to be an endocrine disrupter which effects body functioning such as development, brain, and metabolism.

If those were not enough for you to think twice before using that foundation again, I urge you to look into the rest of the ingredients listed on the back of that foundation bottle.

From LifewithLibby website

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

For a moment I thought I was reading an email from my daughter, Mrs Mother Earth.  Is BB foundation any or much different than most any other foundation?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    LOL Woman Happy  We are only trying to help Woman Happy

Yes there are other Foundations that do not contain this junk.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller