Super Contributor

I know some people have said they lose hair with Wen..........

My question is what is in it that would cause a problem like this? I also know many of you love it and report luxurious hair. I have never tried it. Just curious....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I know some people have said they lose hair with Wen..........

I think the general opinion is it's the menthol.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Occasional Contributor

For me it was the menthol.

Super Contributor

Unless someone had an allergen test to the ingredients in any product, there is no definite answer.

Valued Contributor

IMO its due to how you apply WEN. Unlike normal shampoos you rake the product through your hair with your fingers or a comb. Shedding would happen with normal shampoo if you applied it the same & raked it through your hair. Never combed regular shampoo through hair before WEN, so it looks like there is less shedding with a normal shampoo. WEN actually helped with after shedding because, while I shed more hair in the shower, shed a lot less later. No longer find hair all over my house.

Respected Contributor

On 10/7/2014 seagrl21 said:

IMO its due to how you apply WEN. Unlike normal shampoos you rake the product through your hair with your fingers or a comb. Shedding would happen with normal shampoo if you applied it the same & raked it through your hair. Never combed regular shampoo through hair before WEN, so it looks like there is less shedding with a normal shampoo. WEN actually helped with after shedding because, while I shed more hair in the shower, shed a lot less later. No longer find hair all over my house.

that's exactly what I've found seagrl21.

I may have 20 or 30 hairs come out in the shower, but I seldom see hair coming out otherwise.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

There are many shampoos in the market that has menthol in it, but do not have the complaints of hair loss like Wen. Paul Mitchell, Redken, Head & Shoulders are just to name a few with menthol as an ingredient. There is a disclaimer on the bottle if you feel Wen is not right for you. I have no problem with Wen when used properly.
Respected Contributor

On 10/7/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 10/7/2014 seagrl21 said:

that's exactly what I've found seagrl21.

I may have 20 or 30 hairs come out in the shower, but I seldom see hair coming out otherwise.

At the point that some WEN newbies see hair come out in the shower with their WEN come they freak out (like I did) and stop using WEN. If they hang in there, they see that they are not shedding hardly outside of the shower as seagrl says.

Of course some people will have an actual reaction. After all, there are natural ingredients in WEN that some ppl may never have experienced. I think I may have reacted poorly to the witch hazel in the Lavender. But I have never had any issues with any other WEN formula and wouldn't give it up if you paid me.

I just wish if ppl wanted to use WEN and have a problem, they would call the number on the bottle and ask for advise to a different formula and exchange rather than saying right off that WEN is a horrible product. (No, I am not saying everyone does this.)

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I think its because your scalp ends up suffocating from not getting clean.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

On 10/8/2014 ID2 said:

I think its because your scalp ends up suffocating from not getting clean.

Then all homeless people should be bald.