Super Contributor

I just saw a TV adv. for a new Facial Cleansing Oil

by GARNIER. The demo. showed the oil turning into a milky liquid.

It is for dry skin (the adv. said).

I have been curious about these cleansing oils and this may be my "practice product"! Plus it can't cost all that much...

Anyone here already tried it or want to try it??

Honored Contributor

Re: I just saw a TV adv. for a new Facial Cleansing Oil

Not the best ingredients. The first two are mineral oil and corn oil. Yeah, it's only something like $8.00/bottle, but with these ingredients I don't think it would give a true representation of what a good quality cleansing oil can do. In fact, it could sour someone against them.

Esteemed Contributor

If you want to delve into oil cleansing, here are two great explanations on what to use.

(Sorry Firefox doesn't allow a live link, unless someone teaches me how to do it.)

http://theoilcleansingmethod.com/

http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/oils-specifically-for-acne-prone-skin/

I included the one from minimalist because that really means a lot on what skin types can tolerate what.

In OTC ready preparations, it's the mix of synthetics and naturals that bother me. You may get an inexpensive product, but I think, an inferior one. Pure forms of oils are not necessarily expensive, anyway, unless there is a "name" attached to it.

Honored Contributor

Harpa's right. Start here:

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Experiment with different oils. I started with castor, jojoba, and olive and that worked for me. Inexpensive.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I picked up a couple of free samples of the Garnier cleansing oil yesterday, gotta say I don't get it. It was greasy going on, turned somewhat milky when I splashed water on my face, but still remained very greasy. I'm glad I didn't buy this!

I'll stick with my baby shampoo and clarisonic, they make my face feel clean--not stripped, not greasy. The only good thing I can say about the Garnier oil is that it removed eye makeup very well--but I didn't have that much on to start with.

Super Contributor

On 3/16/2014 4doggies said:

I picked up a couple of free samples of the Garnier cleansing oil yesterday, gotta say I don't get it. It was greasy going on, turned somewhat milky when I splashed water on my face, but still remained very greasy. I'm glad I didn't buy this!

I'll stick with my baby shampoo and clarisonic, they make my face feel clean--not stripped, not greasy. The only good thing I can say about the Garnier oil is that it removed eye makeup very well--but I didn't have that much on to start with.

I wonder if it's the mineral oil -- the camellia oil I use (Tatcha) rinses OFF with just a couple of splashes of water. Don't give up on oil without trying a GOOD one. So many are happy with the DIY options, maybe one of these will become your HG!

Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2014 4doggies said:

You are my case in point, when I said a person could get soured on the idea of a cleansing oil if they try the wrong one. I use Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil, and like Maran's experience using the Tatcha, it also rinses off easily from the good combination of ingredients.

Super Contributor

Thanks ladies! I didn't realize about the mineral/corn oil...

Thanks for the links too...am searching Amazon and found some fleur-de-lis products for

way cheaper than Tatcha!

Does anyone have (or remember) Philos. Rare Mineral face-powder cleanser?

I still have a half-container of it and it does work well...I wonder if Philos. was ahead of it's time w/this product?

Occasional Contributor

If you're a member of Julep's Maven nail polish subscription program you can purchase their Bare Face Cleansing Oil for only $22.40. I absolutely adore it. I find it on par with Josie Maran's cleansing oil but Julep's Bare Face has a much cleaner, more functional packaging. I received my first bottle in my monthly subscription box and just opened a new bottle yesterday. I use it as a pre-cleanse to remove my makeup and it melts even the most stubborn waterproof mascara and liner. It's also a great pre-cleanse before using your Clarisonic. The bottle should last 2-3 months.

http://www.julep.com/bare-face-cleansing-oil.html

This is a relatively new product for Julep. It may be on QVC, I'm not sure. QVC sells some Julep products but I don't know if this is one of them.

(edit: add link)

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 fitnessfreak said:

Thanks ladies! I didn't realize about the mineral/corn oil...

Thanks for the links too...am searching Amazon and found some fleur-de-lis products for

way cheaper than Tatcha!

Does anyone have (or remember) Philos. Rare Mineral face-powder cleanser?

I still have a half-container of it and it does work well...I wonder if Philos. was ahead of it's time w/this product?

I use the FDL Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder and have very good results with it. The unscented isn't terribly pleasant, but not intolerable either. I've used the vanilla one, too, so far. I've thought about trying the Golden Lotion, but don't know that I really need it. It just sounded good to me.