Respected Contributor

Re: I just made a consult appt for lip fillers.....

@wvumountiefan   You know, I've never had anything done, but if I ever did, it would be around my mouth and lip area.  The rest of my face is doing pretty well for 70, but I have some marionette lines starting, and my lips are a thing of the past.  I've heard it said that your lips fall into your mouth as you age......well I don't know exactly where they went, but they left me with these vertical lines instead!

A woman in my office (10 years younger) had her lips done once, and I hope yours turns out better than hers did.  She told everyone that her granddaughter had bumped her in the mouth with her head........I don't think anyone else but me figured it out!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan   I’ve had the lip lined done for years by a very good Dr. also fillers. He does them well. It’s amlong drive to him through tunnels etc so I only go with a friend. Once I went to a recommended plastic surgeon and had terrible duck lips. I looked like Goldie Hawk in a movie where she couldn’t drink out of a glass and it happened to me also! 

After years of fillers I went back and my Dr said it was lumpy because skin gets thinner and he had to remove some. So no more fillers for me. He has a product called lines that’s a lotion. 

He did a deep fill that lifts at cheekbones but $$$$ it lasts 6 months to a year and no more filler for me. Just good products and SUNSCREEN!

Frequent Contributor

@wvumountiefan I had mine done August of last year and I loved it! I did have some swelling for about a week, but it was totally worth it. I did the Volbella as it seemed to be natural looking. I plan on going back in a few months to have them done again. I think I might go alittle bit fuller this time. She also did the lines around my lips and it really helped when applying lipstick and liner. You will really be amazed at the outcome. They say it could last up to a year, but mine did not. Enjoy your new look and keep us posted as to what your thoughts were. Oh, btw, it really does not hurt just a bit uncomfortable when needle goes in. 😉

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Is there any way to correct the lip lines with fillers without getting bigger lips necessarily? That’s really what I need?

Good luck on your consultation. I’d love to hear about your experience!

I don't mean to get off topic or be annoying.  But mentioning lip lines, I was having some issues since I am a straw drinker (sensitive teeth).  I started using Algenist liquid collagen lip product and it really made a difference. I swear they are gone and I'm still sipping on straws. I didn't expect any such result.  Just a tip in case you'd lilke to give it a try.  

@Grouchomarx  I tried the Algenist liquid collagen and was loving it for the first couple weeks, then my lips dried out and started peeling so bad. I’m not someone who suffers with chapped lips so I was applying coconut oil like crazy. I quit using it until they got better and thought I’d start back and just use it like once weekly, and it happened again. I was so bummed because it felt good when I applied it. I was hoping so bad it would work. I hope it works for you! 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Is there any way to correct the lip lines with fillers without getting bigger lips necessarily? That’s really what I need?

I don't mean to get off topic or be annoying.  But mentioning lip lines, I was having some issues since I am a straw drinker (sensitive teeth).  I started using Algenist liquid collagen lip product and it really made a difference. I swear they are gone and I'm still sipping on straws. I didn't expect any such result.  Just a tip in case you'd lilke to give it a try.  

That would be worth trying for sure.  I’m glad it worked for you.  I really appreciate the tip! Thank you.  

Contributor

I've had Juvederm twice to fill the lines that form above my upper lip. I love it for that  and it works great !

Once, I had my thin-ish upper lip injected for fullness. It wasn't worth it to me for 2 reasons..1) it hurt like hell.- worse than any other area you could inject. 2) it gave my lip a somewhat fuller appearance but it kind of stuck out more like projecting forward VS making the lip seem higher in appearance. if that makes sense ?  For the $$ I spent i didn't care to do it again. it was injected by a plastic surgeon. Also, your lips will have some purple bruising for a few days (lipstick will cover in public) 

Good luck with your decison! 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Grouchomarx  I tried the Algenist liquid collagen and was loving it for the first couple weeks, then my lips dried out and started peeling so bad. I’m not someone who suffers with chapped lips so I was applying coconut oil like crazy. I quit using it until they got better and thought I’d start back and just use it like once weekly, and it happened again. I was so bummed because it felt good when I applied it. I was hoping so bad it would work. I hope it works for you! 

That is a shame you had a bad reaction. So sorry. You just never know,

Super Contributor

I've had this done and even w/pain meds it hurt.

Another consideration for me: the NP injected into my salivary gland; I ended up in ER w/infection and very painful recovery.

I still get Botox but will not permit fillers around my mouth for that reason.

Good luck. I know many people have this done w/great results and no problems.

Honored Contributor

If I could afford it, and if I didn't have a medical problem that I do, then I would consider lip implants instead of injections. Implants are a one and done deal.

Frequent Contributor

I had lip implants put in about 15yrs ago and I regret it.Done by a plastic surgeon,the bottom lip is okay but the top lip not so much.It goes outside of the lip line and sometimes gets a little crooked,it’s more prominent in cold weather.The one thing I discovered that makes it look natural is strategically placed filler