Respected Contributor

I just made a consult appt for lip fillers.....

At my local Med Spa. They have a special during your birthday month, so I thought, why not do a consult? I’ve been wanting to do it for a while, so we will see what they say. 

I don’t want anything crazy. I already have fuller lips, but with age I’m noticing a lot more fine lines. 

Please remember before replying that it’s all personal preference and if you don’t like these type of procedures, that’s fine. I would love to know if anyone has done lip fillers, and what was your experience? TIA 

Honored Contributor

Re: I just made a consult appt for lip fillers.....

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan wrote:

At my local Med Spa. They have a special during your birthday month, so I thought, why not do a consult? I’ve been wanting to do it for a while, so we will see what they say. 

I don’t want anything crazy. I already have fuller lips, but with age I’m noticing a lot more fine lines. 

Please remember before replying that it’s all personal preference and if you don’t like these type of procedures, that’s fine. I would love to know if anyone has done lip fillers, and what was your experience? TIA 

I think that is great, @wvumountiefan !  It's just a consult.  And if you do decide to go further, you'll be well informed.  I'm a big big believer in doing what we want to do to feel and look better.  Sorry - I have not had these, I cannot offer any advice, just good luck!  I'll be interested to hear how it went.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went for a consultation several months ago. It was at my derm's office so they know about my scleroderma diagnosis which has basically caused my lips to disappear and has given me vertical (smoker's) lip lines, above and below. Derm suggested the lip fillers for starters then move on to the lip lines. I asked questions about how well people with scleroderma do with fillers and the derm said that since the skin on my lips, and skin in general, has no elasticity. That would mean filling them would be very limited and could be very painful for a long time. The derm showed me some b&a pics of some scleroderma patients. Honestly, they weren't too impressive and for me wasn't worth the pain of having to go through with it especially for such a small difference. The cost to have my lips filled plus the lips lines filled was more than I would want to spend...it would be in the thousands. But I still think about it all the time and I wish I could go through with it...just not the painful part.

I'll just wear the wax lips and keep dreaming about the real ones...sigh.

images.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan 

Good for you! And Happy Birthday 🎂 !

I would be very interested is hearing about what you learn during your consultation. I had a little lip work done 11 years ago for my Dad's big 75th B'day party. I don't even remember what was used. I do recall some plumping and temporary elimination of a scar above my lip. The lip (and face too) area is very sensitive, lots of nerves, it was uncomfortable to say the least. I am considering a repeat of some kind. I am not enjoying the loss of volume and additional lip lines that aging brings to many of us. Good luck to you! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As long as you are happy with your decision, that's all that matters.  When you ask a question or start a thread, you really don't get to tell people how they should respond.  You get what you get.  I have no experience with lip plumping, I have a question.  It's a spa, is a doctor doing the injections?  

Respected Contributor

It is a Med Spa with doctors. I’ve done some research on the place, and as a nurse I have a list of questions I want to ask. 

Frequent Contributor

I had it done by a Plastic Surgeon in 2003,it was hideous.They were so full it looked like they were going to burst.I finally got the courage up to do it again and I love it.This time was at a med spa,but it does hurt

Honored Contributor

Is there any way to correct the lip lines with fillers without getting bigger lips necessarily? That’s really what I need?

Good luck on your consultation. I’d love to hear about your experience!

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Is there any way to correct the lip lines with fillers without getting bigger lips necessarily? That’s really what I need?

Good luck on your consultation. I’d love to hear about your experience!

I don't mean to get off topic or be annoying.  But mentioning lip lines, I was having some issues since I am a straw drinker (sensitive teeth).  I started using Algenist liquid collagen lip product and it really made a difference. I swear they are gone and I'm still sipping on straws. I didn't expect any such result.  Just a tip in case you'd lilke to give it a try.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx  Hi! I ordered the Algenist Genius Collagen Lip Duo also. It'll be delivered tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to using this product. It's really great that you're seeing a difference in your lip lines. Thanks so much for sharing. ♡♡♡