Respected Contributor

Re: I just cleansed with Six Thirteen and my red highlights were all over the towel!

Yes, some people have hair that is stubborn in that it is not porous at all. Mine soaks anything up like a sponge. My hair always had deep red pigment which I hated and always tried to cover up. Now, it's turning platinum and I'd rather have the red. (grass is greener, right?) One poster had a good idea....was the water very hot? They tell you not to use hot water use cool water or tepid. Aaahh that's a shame though. I used to color my hair to get rid of the red but now I don't want the commitment anymore. I tell ya though, when we go to our little place for dinner on Saturday night, the one owner always tells me your hair is beaudeeful! In his Italian accent. He's very nice. I just say I use Wen but the thing of it is is that I don't color treat and still my color is rich and vibrant. I asked him what he liked about my hair and he thought I colored it this way on purpose. So that proves out that Wen will not strip the color. I would call them at the salon and ask them. I hear they're very obliging. I email them with questions at Chaz's site. I'm too shy to phone. I'm a bit of a recluse. Sorry to prattle on. Hope you find a solution.

Frequent Contributor

Re: I just cleansed with Six Thirteen and my red highlights were all over the towel!

I was platinum, but decided to go red this last time. With the cut, most of the platinum was cut out but still a little left on the tips. The red is a wine red. My stylist didn't run shampoo through, just conditioner after coloring. He told me to wait 3 days before washing it. The first and second cleanse I used cold water and Fig. There was a small amount of color that came off on the first cleanse and even less on the second cleanse, but I expected this. It was much less than with regular shampoos that I had used, even the sulfate free ones.

After that, there was no color that came out and I switched to using lukewarm water. I have cleansed about 6 times now and the color is holding. Today I mixed SHP and Fig together. I have had red hair before in many different shades and know how hard it can be to maintain, but the WEN seems to hold it really well. I also used the TT oil the night before cleansing. I use remoist as leave in, SC, GS, and 613 Mousse.

Forgot to add that my color is a permanent color.

Super Contributor

Just don't use it since it makes your hair color bleed.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/1/2014 PinkieBelle said:

That demo is useless unless they use the same head - one side with shampoo and one side with Wen. I've only seen it when they use two different women. Every person's hair is going to hold color differently. And reds are ESPECIALLY hard to hold on to.

I color my hair red and have never found a shampoo or cleansing conditioner (including Wen, sulfate free, salon, drugstore, anything that claims to reduce fading) that does not leave lots of red in the rinse water or on my towel (especially the first few days after coloring).

I GUARANTEE you that if they used my head 4 days after coloring, there would be LOTS of red on that towel after cleansing with Wen.

You may just have the type of hair that doesn't hold red well.

FTR - ALL of the Wen varieties are supposed to be safe for color treated hair.

You obviously haven't been watching any Wen shows in the past 6+ months otherwise you would already know that Chaz HAS been using only one model for the demo, with Wen on one side of her head and something else on the other half of her head.

Frequent Contributor

My salon color always comes on the towel using Wen and I have been using it for a few years now.

Regular Contributor

DTTB!

Honored Contributor

I color my hair red and don't get color rubbing off on the towel. After many years of coloring my own hair and trying many different kits and dyes, I think a lot of the color runoff/ruboff has to do with the type of dye and the hair itself.

I've used some dyes that never bleed on my towel and others that seem to do it for days on end.

Occasional Contributor

I color my hair at home with permanent red Clairol dye from Sally's. While I don't ever remember color transferring to the towel, something weird did happen once when I stupidly decided to use 613CC as an overnight leave-in. I love the smell, knew how conditioning it is, so I thought "why not treat it like remoist and get a little extra conditioning"? Big mistake! When I rinsed it out in the morning, my hair had lost so much color that it was a straw colored strawberry blonde, instead of the medium auburn that it always was. I had to redo the color, and although I never use 613 that way any more, I do use it mixed with other formulas, but just for regular hair cleansing, never leave it in more than 10 minutes, and have never had another mishap. I am glad that I did not give up on the 613, but instead figured out a way to make it work for me. All of that said, I still think that no matter what Wen you use, there will be fading of red, just maybe not as much as with regular shampoo.
Honored Contributor

I regularly use the fig, love it, have used the seasonals with no trouble but the 613 way too harsh for my hair
Trusted Contributor

On 7/1/2014 Wildapple said:

DTTB!

Yep