New Contributor

I just cleansed with Six Thirteen and my red highlights were all over the towel!

Part of the reason I switched to Wen was because I saw Chaz cleanse the model's red color treated hair live and showed that there was no color on the towel afterward. I just cleansed with Six Thirteen and my color was all over the towel! This is the 4th time cleansing since having my hair colored. Is Six Thirteen not meant for color treated hair? Anyone else had trouble?

Honored Contributor

Re: I just cleansed with Six Thirteen and my red highlights were all over the towel!

You should be able to use 613. How hot was the water you used?

Super Contributor

Re: I just cleansed with Six Thirteen and my red highlights were all over the towel!

I've never had this problem and I color my hair a brownish red.

Esteemed Contributor

Call Chaz customer service,the number is on the bottle

Respected Contributor

My red hair never did this with 613. Who processed your hair?
Regular Contributor

No - not a problem for me

Honored Contributor

I don't even get color on the towel the day after coloring since I started using Wen.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

That demo is useless unless they use the same head - one side with shampoo and one side with Wen. I've only seen it when they use two different women. Every person's hair is going to hold color differently. And reds are ESPECIALLY hard to hold on to.

I color my hair red and have never found a shampoo or cleansing conditioner (including Wen, sulfate free, salon, drugstore, anything that claims to reduce fading) that does not leave lots of red in the rinse water or on my towel (especially the first few days after coloring).

I GUARANTEE you that if they used my head 4 days after coloring, there would be LOTS of red on that towel after cleansing with Wen.

You may just have the type of hair that doesn't hold red well.

FTR - ALL of the Wen varieties are supposed to be safe for color treated hair.

Honored Contributor

They used the same person all month long in June.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Did you use permanent hair color or semi or demi color? I would think that any color other than permanent would fade/rinse away some with any cleanser you try? Especially red.