Respected Contributor

Re: I have tried everything out there, what's next.

I agree with posters who are telling you to go to the dermatologist! I had lousy skin most of my teenage years, into my 20's and 30's  n 40's playing around with too many otc products that promised clear skin. Nothing helped. In my 50's I had had it. Went to derm.  And yes, I did go to derm years earlier, but he never gave me retin a.  This new derm gave me a script for retin a and i never looked back. I am 62 and still use it and I have lovely, clear skin. I also got my hands on a Clarisonic years ago and wow, what a difference in my skin.  Now, i do not use face foundation. I quit that years ago and just use an oil free water based moisturizer and blush on my face. My regular MD now prescribes me the retin a for adult acne and I will use it into my 70s, 80s, and 90s..lol. At 10$ a tube under script program, its the holy grail of skincare. Go see a doctor, please!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Derm appointment is needed. It could be anything from acne, to an allergic reaction to infection. I'm allergic to MAC cosmetics. I finally went to the Derm because my skin was a nightmare. Nothing worked except the prescription she prescribed. 

Respected Contributor

Have to agree with other posters that say to see a dermatologist.

Time to stop experimenting and get a diagnosis and treatment plan.

I think as we get older that we don't have as much leeway to play around trying different things!  Our skin is more sensitive and fragile, and we can damage it more than when we were 20!

If you feel you've tried everything, this is your best solution.  Love to hear if you go and what you are told, please!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Find a good esthetician and go for regular acne focused facials. Also, do some research and change your diet, that will help too. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

Agree, definitely find a dermatologist. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@berner mom

If you haven't tried an elimination diet of some kind yet, that is what I'd suggest. There are many out there - one good one is Whole30.

Diets won't help acne.  Trust me.  It's hormonal and often hereditary.

@GSPgirl

If it is caused by a food sensitivity it definitely will help. There are different causes for acne. If it was all simple and the same it would be easily cleared up for everyone.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@berner mom

If you haven't tried an elimination diet of some kind yet, that is what I'd suggest. There are many out there - one good one is Whole30.

Diets won't help acne.  Trust me.  It's hormonal and often hereditary.

Actually, diet will help many skin issues, including cystic acne.  I have cystic acne and I actually have 2 hard cysts that have been with me since my teens.  My derm was not surprised that one completely disappeared and one is a tiny dot now due to my change to Primal Blueprint.  I didn't do my Whole30 for skin issues, I did it for allergies/runny nose.  This was a side benefit I didn't anticipate.

If you go to the Whole30 site and look at before/after stories, I would say 90% are skin related.  And dramatic at that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

It could also be an underlying infection/fungus that won't go away without medical intervention.

The great thing about a derm, they can diagnose you in 5 seconds.

Plus, everyone needs a full body mole check from a derm as a baseline.  A derm will tell you your risk and how often you need to be checked going forward.

I'm a twice a year person as I have a lot of tiny moles and had several severe burns as a teen growing up at the beach (and falling asleep there!).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN