Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have too many products and tempted to just go with the TSV Argan oil.

A few years ago I decided that I needed to do a make under. I had entirely too many jars and tubes in my basket. I also wanted a routine that was more budget friendly since I'm retired. I'm a big fan tof the Dr. Denese skin care products so I buy the super size when it's on easy pay and it works for my skin and budget. I also have super sensitive skin with issues so I have a few extra products to help with those things.

Here's what I have:

Purity cleanser

Dr. Denese Hydroshile serum (day and night)

Dr. Denese Wrinkle Defense duo  (face & neck --night)

Dr. Denese Eye Fixer Upper duo night)

Dr. Denese Day Cream (all in one product--spf/moisturizer and light foundation)

Doll 10 lipsticks

If I have issues then I'll use Laura Geller Balance & Brighton or Bobbi Brown foundation stick depending on the season. 

Masacar--Bobbi Brown

Eye liner-Bobbi Brown eye lining gel

Occasional Contributor

Obviously what works for some, doesn't work for others.  I'm in my late 40's and am told I have good skin (did use sunscreen as a younger person), don't smoke, am only an occasional social drinker.....all this impacts skin health.  My skin type used to be more oily and now more combination of oily and dry with only very occasional minimal break-outs.

Keeping things simple, economical for the results desired, and as 'natural' and organic as possible is my goal.  Here's what I've been doing for over a year; the compliments on my skin are still being recieved.  I also have really sensitive eyes, more described below about that and products.

Morning:

• Witch hazel on cotton pad and/or gentle face cleanser (common in stores in white pump bottle)
  • Vitamin C serum from P----y A----n on face, neck, decolette
  • Rose hip oil from various providers but always organic and cold-pressed
  • Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 w/ Sunboost ATB and/or       M-----l F----n mineral brand sunscreen

Evening:

• If wearing make-up: good 'ole P---s cold cream (original) to remove make-up, removed with microfiber cloth or facial tissues

Next steps are without make-up or with make-up removed as above:

• Witch hazel on cotton pad and/or gentle face cleanser (common in stores in white pump bottle) to remove residual P---s cold cream
  • Josie Maran Milk devotion intensive eye serum between eyebrows, on forehead, outside and under eyes, 'smile lines' coming down from eyes on cheeks, and smile lines by mouth.  (even though the milk devotion eye serum says it can be used 360 ON eyelids, for me it can't -- my eyes itched horribly every single time applied 360 to eyes).  Instead I use it sides and under eyes and other wrinkle prone areas on my face
  • Josie Maran Argan Milk hydrating treatment is by far my favorite Josie Maran product!  It sinks in immediately and I love it (even with the goofy dropper....Josie, please make a clear viewing strip so we can see how much remains in bottle).  3-5 drops of this product is applied to entire face, including eyelids (no bad reaction) and left-over on my fingers to my neck  
  • During winter, or whenever dry, Josie Maran face butter on face, neck, and decolette is next.  Finally, Josie Maran 100% pure argan oil gently pressed in on top of face butter once it's absorbed a bit
  • If not dry skin, then just Josie Maran 100% pure argan oil gently pressed into face, neck, and decolette
  • Divine Drip Argan Oil and Honey Butter Balm in Honey Vanilla on neck and decolette

To totally treat myself (because for me it's too pricey for normal daily use) -- Josie Maran body butter

The listed above face care routine takes about 2-3 minutes in the morning and 3-4 minutes at night -- that's it.  5 minutes if I have to first remove make-up.  I do not enjoy spending time on stuff like this, so if good results are coming at this age with the minimal steps above, will stay with them for now. 

If you're looking to save money, everything listed was purchased on sale.  Either QVC or Josie Maran's site direct.  QVC usually has better deals if one is willing to wait for sales and purchase on auto-delivery.

Finally, if I had to pick the "must have's" of products listed above only sold on QVC it would be:

• Josie Maran Milk hydrating treatment (white liquid) -- gentle (can use on eyelids) with overall great results & no greasy feel
  • Josie Maran 100% pure argan oil -- amazingly versatile
  • Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 w/ Sunboost ATB  -OR-  a non-QVC brand mineral (physical) sunscreen
  • My economical "treat" would be Josie Maran face butter.  It you're looking to take good care of your face and save money, the 3 first products will go a long way for you.  

Since I've begun using Josie Maran products, the 'natural' and organic nature of what's NOT in the products, has made a big differnce for my skin.   Check ewg.org  -- Josie's items get good ratings (especially if unscented). 

A lot of information, hopefully it will help someone as I didn't know where to begin myself and was looking for guidance from people actually using the products who didn't have money to blow on everything under the sun.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I use Trader Joe's argon oil currently ...and I've used JM's in the past.  Same results, different price.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Theresa1121

One warning about the supersize of the argan oil, it can go rancid before you use it all.

I had this happen twice to me, even when I used it on face, neck and chest twice a day.

I thought the first time it happened it was just a 'bad' batch and tried it again, but the same thing happened.

You may want to check out rosehip oil, it's economical, absorbs better than argan and I'm loving the results!

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/a20706831/rosehip-oil-benefits/

https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/rosehip-oil-for-face

@KingstonsMom- I just started using Rosehip oil 2 nights ago. I ordered mine from The Ordinary for $9.80.  Have read so many great things about it and for the price, I thought I'd try it. 

Honored Contributor

Josie's TSV body-butter (unscented) safe on the face, chose auto-delivery.

Like the body butter over the face butter, lighter and for me works.

Respected Contributor

@Theresa1121For years I have always bought "the next best thing". But now I just stick with what works. I love make-up and I love skin care but too much money has been spent on things that I didn't like and didn't send it backWoman Sad

I would rather spend more on the products that work well for my skin. And I have saved money by not buying into all the hype products.

Respected Contributor

It's just my opinion, but I don't think argan oil has any "treatment" properties.  I love Josie's line and have a huge stock of the body butter but I choose to use other things on my face.  I like the Peter Thomas Roth line and also Perricone and Strivectin.

Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Supersize bottles of oil can be poured off into smaller dropper bottles. That way you can store the main one in the fridge. Just make sure to buy the amber glass dropper bottles to ensure your oil remains protected from light.

Reminder: Rosehip oil goes rancid quickly and must be refrigerated.

That can be inconvenient as bathroom is on second floor. You must keep in refridgerated at all times?

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for all the great information. I am not going to order the TSV.

Rosehip Seed Oil may work better and help with firming as well as moisturizing. 

JM argan milk may be a good option but then I am back in the whirlwind of trying an expensive product and adding to my collection.

Forgot to mention that my dermatolgist recently recommended Cerave Renewing Cream Serum. This is really economical and may give it a whirl. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like any items in supersize as it takes me forever to finish them.  Also, I have about a 75% return rate of JM items I have ordered, so will refrain from ordering more.