Honored Contributor

Re: I have to recommend Skinn's Derm Appeal

@Desertdi wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I found the Dermappeal "too rough".    I always look for something with ground walnut shells.............and it's usually in the $5 category.

That is exactly what Dimitri says to avoid.

@Shelbelle    I love "D", and especially the DWP products..............but, he is in the business of selling some pretty pricey items......(at least, this is the first time in my life I have forked over this much cash for skincare (!!).  di

For the ingredients he uses, his stuff should be a lot more expensive but he can sell it for less because he is the manufacturer and there's no middle man.  He doesn't have to pay a high priced spokesperson either, which adds to the cost of other brands.  Look at the jars of the more expensive brands and see if water is the first ingredient and if the company has to pay a spokesperson.  For the ingredients and quailty, Skinn is an excellent value.

As for the crushed walnut scrubs, Dimitri isn't the only one who says to avoid them.  I've read that a lot as the walnut bits create micro tears in the skin.

Honored Contributor

Yes, micro tears in the skin can lead to broken caps. I have them from using the wrong kind of exfoliating product in the past.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

This must be true confessions day, I did something even worse to get rid of a patch of keratosis pillaris (sp?).  I used a magic eraser, even though the package tells you not to use on skin.  Of course it abraded the skin completely and I ended up with a flat scab.  Yes, it worked, but deliberately opening the skin and subjecting it to infection is something I've since learned is crazy stupid. 

I did the same thing with the magic eraser.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, micro tears in the skin can lead to broken caps. I have them from using the wrong kind of exfoliating product in the past.

@SilleeMee    You would faint if I told you what I do with broken caps............so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee    You would faint if I told you what I do with broken caps............so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut (!!)

@Desertdi,

The suspense is killing me! Please give it up.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi,

The suspense is killing me! Please give it up.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee    You want me to practice medicine over the internet????? di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi,

I have a way of treating broken caps that is very unconventional and probably a bit scary for most.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi,

I have a way of treating broken caps that is very unconventional and probably a bit scary for most.

@SilleeMee    I would venture a guess that we are both doing the same thing.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yes, @Desertdi. Let's just leave it at that. TMI!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi,

@SilleeMee    I would venture a guess that we are both doing the same thing.

I can take it!!!  Really.  I want to know!