Trusted Contributor

Re: I have to recommend Skinn's Derm Appeal

I also love the Dermapeel!  I use it twice a week om my face, neck, and dec.  I have never used anything else that leaves my skin so smooth and soft, though it did not take away my forehead wrinkles Smiley Frustrated.   Thiis tub will last a long time. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

If you have sensitive skin like me, bentonite clay powder mixed with a little water is so good. The clay contains natural silica, a perfectly round molecule, that polishes the skin like no other. The other natural ingredients within the clay itself, mostly earth minerals, treat you skin to give it glow that you will notice immediately after using. It's the best exfoliant I have found to date and its cheap!Woman Very Happy There is also evidence to support that silica is very beneficial for collagen production in the skin...silica is a large part of the collagen molecule.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the Isomers Manual Microderm too, I mix a little in with my cleanser at night.  Only $10 per bottle.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't think the peppermint will agree with my skin either. Plus, if the smell is over-bearing I will definitely have a problem with it.

I find the peppermint and menthol to be quite overwhelming, I stopped using it due to this.

Honored Contributor

I found the Dermappeal "too rough".    I always look for something with ground walnut shells.............and it's usually in the $5 category.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I found the Dermappeal "too rough".    I always look for something with ground walnut shells.............and it's usually in the $5 category.

That is exactly what Dimitri says to avoid.

Honored Contributor

To me ground walnuts sounds like it would have jagged, sharp edges that could damage the skin. 

Respected Contributor

Dermappeal does make my skin feel really soft and does a great job as an exfoliator.  But I do find it a bit harsh (and the menthol/mint a bit strong).  I generally only use it about once a week -- maybe why my jar is lasting SO long. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me ground walnuts sounds like it would have jagged, sharp edges that could damage the skin. 

@SilleeMee   It's pulverized (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

That is exactly what Dimitri says to avoid.

@Shelbelle    I love "D", and especially the DWP products..............but, he is in the business of selling some pretty pricey items......(at least, this is the first time in my life I have forked over this much cash for skincare (!!).  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥