Honored Contributor

Re: I have to recommend Skinn's Derm Appeal

@depglass sometimes you know something but it doesn't click until someone reminds you. I frequently wear my hair up and I hate when I have stray hairs on my neck. That happened last weekend - don't ask me why I waited until I had my coat on to check things out - but when I saw that hair, I grabbed a razor to remove it but didn't use anything on my neck first. I ended up with those little bumps on the back of my neck. Tonight after I use my cleansing cloths and cleanser, I will use DermApeal on my face and neck. Thanks. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

Oh does it have peppermint or peppermint oil in it?? Maybe that is why I broke out as I think I read peppermint can be a skin irritant? I dont know maybe Im wrong but would try it for my arms! LOL

Yes, it does.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the peppermint will agree with my skin either. Plus, if the smell is over-bearing I will definitely have a problem with it.

Honored Contributor

This must be true confessions day, I did something even worse to get rid of a patch of keratosis pillaris (sp?).  I used a magic eraser, even though the package tells you not to use on skin.  Of course it abraded the skin completely and I ended up with a flat scab.  Yes, it worked, but deliberately opening the skin and subjecting it to infection is something I've since learned is crazy stupid. 

Honored Contributor

I have you topped .@depglassWoman Very Happy When I was a young teen I got a really bad sunburn on my legs. Later when they started to peel I took some of my dad's sand paper and used it to remove the peeling skin!Woman Surprised I can't tell you how bad they looked after that. yikes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

This must be true confessions day, I did something even worse to get rid of a patch of keratosis pillaris (sp?).  I used a magic eraser, even though the package tells you not to use on skin.  Of course it abraded the skin completely and I ended up with a flat scab.  Yes, it worked, but deliberately opening the skin and subjecting it to infection is something I've since learned is crazy stupid. 

@depglass  I did something similar.  A few months ago, I tried the Skinn Fill Me In and within a couple of days I had bumps along my jawline.  Apparently it was too siliconey for me, but the damage was done.  I began exfoliating.  I don't know what got into me, but one day I ran my Emjoi MicroPedi thing over the area.  Maybe I was thinking I could buff them down faster...LOL  It actually helped some but the skin was irritated in that area.  One bump still isn't completely flat but almost there.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dermappeal is one of MY non negotiables! I loved the original version, I really like the newer upgraded one with vitamin C crystals...the mint smell is exhilarating and sinus clearing (which I love in a hot shower) 

Now I used to use long long ago, one of those apricot scrubs (Woman Embarassed) yeah I know lol Woman LOL we learn and we do better 

I like Isomers manual exfoliator (it has polylactic beads) and is much gentler than Dermappeal for anyone with really sensitive skin...I use both...usually do a manual exfoliation 2x a week (but I do ABC once a week) and SSC glycolic pads daily and SSC glycolic extreme 2x a week...my skin can take LOTS of exfoliation and does well with it but each person will vary...this is a very big tub and will last a good long time (maybe 3 months for me...4-5 for others who use once a week face only..use on body and that will change it to shorter duration...I use on neck and dec too! Take that boobie wrinkles hahaha!) HTH's

Trusted Contributor

Me too. I try to use at least once a week.

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968 Is this the one you use? It's one of my faves. It's reminiscent of one that was offered by Parthena years ago. The last time it was in stock I purchased eight. Good thing because when it's gone, it seems like it's gone for months.

300-071- ISOMERS Skincare Manual Microderm Cleanser 4 oz

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Krissy_1968 Is this the one you use? It's one of my faves. It's reminiscent of one that was offered by Parthena years ago. The last time it was in stock I purchased eight. Good thing because when it's gone, it seems like it's gone for months.

300-071- ISOMERS Skincare Manual Microderm Cleanser 4 oz

Yep @Tique that is it! It is a really nice gentle manual exfoliator and I would say it is better for very sensitive, reactive skin than Dermappeal...