Valued Contributor

Re: I have the TSV foundation, some thoughts

I am a match to light in their celebration foundation and I also wear fairly light in bare minerals (when I used to use that). However I do wear medium in the CC Cream - THOUGH - I feel it is just ever so slightly just a tad tad bit dark for me - but the light felt too light. I feel I could get away with either in the regular CC Cream. I am on A/D for that and have light ordered for next time so I can mix them. I ordered light for the TSV and I'm sure it will be fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Je Ne Sais Quoi  blush and lipstick are the temptations of this TSV.  I love everything in this color that IT makes.  The color of the blush is probably showing brighter on TV than it will wear on you.  Like other IT blushes it will wear very soft whether you apply with a light hand or not.  

I agree with c la vee about the foundation.  It sounds as though the IT version of this product is quite similar in texture and how it looks to the similar versions I have tried by Pur Minerals and Lancome.  I also found that once opened no matter how careful I was with closing the lid the cushion just seemed to absord more air while it was open and therefore both dried out quicky.  Admittedly, neither was my only -- or the foundation I reached for the most.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

@BlingQueen022 don't worry about the blush - you might really be surprised how soft it turns out. I've bought a couple of cream blushes that just read as scary bright in the compact but then just look so gorgeous and natural when applied. Really the KEY is having the right brush to apply - which is why I believe they included it. So definitely give it a try! You might end up liking it!

@ctinaw  Hi ctinaw:  You're right I will keep an open mind.  I am willing to try new things.  I really wanted this particular blush brush because I really don't have a good brush to pick up a creme blush and this one seems to fit the bill that's included in the tsv.  Thanks for your response.  Much appreciated.  

Honored Contributor

i read the reviews and try not to let them sway me too much.

thanks for the product notes @c_la_vee.

i did order the TSV and every single product i have tried from IT has been good for me. i have combination skin that tends to be more oily generally. i use the tan in the celebration foundation. i bought the TSV in tan. i am anxious to try it, especially for spring and summer.

i did read the entire thread that IT cosmetics has going. they did say that  with REGULAR use of a light foundation the initial compact should last about a month.....so a total of 2 months worth of foundation. for me, it will probably last a bit longer because i dont necessarily use foundation every single day.

i am quite anxious to try it. i also bought the new brow set AND the new mascara.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I did order this IT TSV and am hoping it is exactly like the Mally version I was using but ran out. Mally's is $47 and no refill of course so this kit is a great deal I think.

if it stays on as long as the Mally did I will be more than happy. My makeup is on for at least 12 hours a day and my Mally lasted that long on so sure hope this is the same thing.

I already have and like that color of lipstick but mine is in the stain, not this newer version.

Don't use a lot and you will be happy with the color. It is sheer as long as you go easy with both lipstick and blush.

BTW, thanks for your review, always glad to read all reviews.