Super Contributor

I have the TSV foundation, some thoughts

[ Edited ]

In case you're wondering about shades, I'm a Fairly Light in BM, a Fair in Laura Geller's original baked foundation, usually I get the Light shade in foundations and it works.

Don't go by the color in the compact, it looks much darker than it really is. Mine looks like a bronzer in the compact.

I have this CC+Veil in Light and I think it's a good shade for me, maybe I could wear Fair too but Light is fine.

I got it for the SPF50.

I think that by now so many of us have at least one serum foundation, they all seem to have that dry oil base.

On me, the coverage is on the light side. I have a small mole on the side of my face near my ear and it covered it just a little.

When I went over it again, the brush swiped off what was there instead of adding more. I think because the dry oil doesn't dry right away so it was swishing foundation around instead of sticking to the skin. (I used the brush that came with it)

I tried to build coverage just to see how it looks but I prefer light coverage, it came off looking weird heavy because if you really want coverage you have to put on a lot of product.

It might be better to wait a few minutes between layers to give it a chance to dry a little.

The finish is not matte, more like dewy.

If you have oily skin, you will probably be tempted to add powder over it. I tried that too and it has really bad, cakey looking.

I loved it when I first got it, I still like it for the natural finish and the SPF, I don't like matte finish, I prefer my skin to have a more natural finish and as I also don't like heavy coverage, this was a good choice for me.

You don't get much, the CC in the tube is such a better value.

Most of the time I don't wear foundation so my compact sat unused for a long time. When I finally went to use it again it seemed to have dried out and it was hard to get anything out of it, I had to press the sponge with my fingers and apply it that way and use the brush to blend it out. So if you get it, make sure to use it.

I decided that I prefer the CC in the tube.

Respected Contributor

Re: I have the TSV foundation, some thoughts

@c_la_veeThanks for that info.  Would you say the Light is the same as the Light in the CC cream in the tube?  I'm a Fair in BnB and the Light in the CC cream works but it is a tad dark/yellow -- I could go a little lighter but I feel like the Fair might be too light and make me look pasty.

Super Contributor

@sueinsf

Give me a sec. I'll go check. I'll swatch them and compare.

Esteemed Contributor

@c_la_vee wrote:

In case you're wondering about shades, I'm a Fairly Light in BM, a Fair in Laura Geller's original baked foundation, usually I get the Light shade in foundations and it works.

Don't go by the color in the compact, it looks much darker than it really is. Mine looks like a bronzer in the compact.

I have this CC+Veil in Light and I think it's a good shade for me, maybe I could wear Fair too but Light is fine.

I got it for the SPF50.

I think that by now so many of us have at least one serum foundation, they all seem to have that dry oil base.

On me, the coverage is on the light side. I have a small mole on the side of my face near my ear and it covered it just a little.

When I went over it again, the brush swiped off what was there instead of adding more. I think because the dry oil doesn't dry right away so it was swishing foundation around instead of sticking to the skin. (I used the brush that came with it)

I tried to build coverage just to see how it looks but I prefer light coverage, it came off looking weird heavy because if you really want coverage you have to put on a lot of product.

It might be better to wait a few minutes between layers to give it a chance to dry a little.

The finish is not matte, more like dewy.

If you have oily skin, you will probably be tempted to add powder over it. I tried that too and it has really bad, cakey looking.

I loved it when I first got it, I still like it for the natural finish and the SPF, I don't like matte finish, I prefer my skin to have a more natural finish and as I also don't like heavy coverage, this was a good choice for me.

You don't get much, the CC in the tube is such a better value.

Most of the time I don't wear foundation so my compact sat unused for a long time. When I finally went to use it again it seemed to have dried out and it was hard to get anything out of it, I had to press the sponge with my fingers and apply it that way and use the brush to blend it out. So if you get it, make sure to use it.

I decided that I prefer the CC in the tube.

wow, After reading your review I'm so tempted on cancelling my order.  This tsv sounds like more of a hassle then anything else.    I feel the pink is just way too pink from what I've seen on the models.  I think I'm going to save myself a lot of aggravation and cancel the order and save some money.  I really don't need it. 

Super Contributor

@sueinsf

I'm sorry but my CC in the tube is Fair and it's a lot lighter than the Light veil.

About the yellow, I don't find the Light veil to be very yellow, more neutral. Not like Bobbi Brown yellow.

It's not pink at all but not pulling yellow either.

BTW, the Fair CC is not yellow at all.

Super Contributor

@BlingQueen022

Aw sorry! I din't mean it to sound negative. Cat Sad

If you're not interested in the color products, blush does look really pink, maybe you could try the foundation alone and see what you think?

You know how things are different on everybody and my opinion might not match other's.

Valued Contributor

I have never tried IT cosmetics so I caved and bought the TSV. I figure if I don't like it, I have 4 daughters...maybe one of them will. Also, I think the brushes look great so I'll have a couple of nice brushes.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @c_la_vee.  I feel like I am between Fair and Light.  If I get over to Ulta today I'll see if they have it for me to take a look.  My gut says Light is probably the better of the two.

Esteemed Contributor

@c_la_vee wrote:

@BlingQueen022

Aw sorry! I din't mean it to sound negative. Cat Sad

If you're not interested in the color products, blush does look really pink, maybe you could try the foundation alone and see what you think?

You know how things are different on everybody and my opinion might not match other's.

@c_la_vee  I tried to cancel but couldn't.  Please don't apologize, it's surely not your fault at all.  I'm not going to try to cancel again, but I think I can remedy the bright pink blush color because I have several sort of beige pink creme blushes from the Doll10 collection.  I think with the brush that's given in the IT tsv I'll be able to tone down the bright pink color with one from the Doll10 nude creme blushes.  

I usually don't listen to reviews on the boards and I do order stuff that works for me but not for others.  I'll just have to decide for myself when it comes.  I ordered this in medium and I'm pretty sure that color will work for me since I order medium from IT all the time.  At least color choice wasn't a problem.  I'm just worried about the bright pink blush.  I'll have to use it very lightly. Thanks for responding to my post.  I much apprecate that.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  

Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022 don't worry about the blush - you might really be surprised how soft it turns out. I've bought a couple of cream blushes that just read as scary bright in the compact but then just look so gorgeous and natural when applied. Really the KEY is having the right brush to apply - which is why I believe they included it. So definitely give it a try! You might end up liking it!