Trusted Contributor

I have never found the perfect nighttime moisturizer.

I am 54 with pretty good skin, and I just have not found the perfect moisturizer. I have tried so many and not one is just right. The closest I have found is Dr. Deneses hydro shield cream, but, according to Paula Begoin, anything in a jar is not good because it lessens the active ingredients. However, I don't like lotions or creams in a tube; I like a jar! Can you tell me what you like as your nighttime moisturizer and why? 

Honored Contributor

Re: I have never found the perfect nighttime moisturizer.

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover 

We're the exact same age!  I have a few that I like, but my absolute, most favorite nighttime moisturizer is from WEN.  It isn't a jar & you push the top down to dispense just the right amount for your face & neck (I use a tad more because I take it all the way down my décolletage).  Paula's Choice also has a great nighttime moisturizer that is in a pump bottle (Resist Intensive Repair Cream).  It is too heavy for day use, so it makes a great nighttime moisturizer.  I would say that is my #2 favorite & it is more economical than WEN.  I think you would be pleased with either.  Good luck!

783C5E09-3F3D-4BB1-AEB5-CAE9988F2A7C.png

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

My most favorite moisturing cream, in a small, green, plastic jar is Alba Botanica Even Advanced daily cream.  I wear it during the day, under my foundation, every single day, because it is very light, and immediately plumps out my skin with moisture (not grease or weightiness) and makes my skin feel and look so much better.  I also use it at night, even though they have a heavier "night cream" version, which I don't find to be as wonderful.  I have gotten compliments from strangers and from medical doctors, too, regarding how great my skin appears for someone my age.

This Alba Botanica daily cream immediately rejuvanates and hydrates my dry skin.  I am about your age, and I can tell you that the Alba cream is comparable to the very expensive La Mer cream which retails for $95.00 for 1/2 oz., because I have used that, too.  (I knew someone in the beauty business who got me some samples of it to try, so I am aware of how wonderful that product is, too.)

If you try it, please comment back to me here,  I would love to hear how much you love it, too!  

Alba Botanica Even Advanced Sea Lipids Daily Cream, Ivory , 2 oz.

Trusted Contributor

@Jersey Born I have tried that cream and had a reaction so I had to return it. It's amazing what works for some people other people can't tolerate certain ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

If you haven't already tried it, try the inexpensive Olay Regenerist line. It's great. (I have not tried the retinol 24 as my skin cannot tolerate) but I alternate between the whipped and (regular) micro sculpting cream. I buy in a jar but I think they sell a pump one. I like the jar.

*It's all the hydrating I need. It also stopped wasting money on eye creams. 

I have spent wayyyy too much on creams and lotions over the years that didn't do anything special - nothing, and I mean nothing is a miracle worker. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear that, @Squirrel Lover.  We are indeed all different that way with our unique chemical sensitivities.  I cannot use Wen shampoo, for example. Or Dial soap.   

Trusted Contributor

i have insanely sensitive skin. if it doesn't react well to a product i'm using, it will let me know immediately. the moisturizers that my skin can take are perricone and peter thomas roth. day and night are both good. 

Honored Contributor

For $20, buy a sample size of Tatcha Dewy Skin at Sephora and be prepared to be amazed at your skin the next morning.

Trusted Contributor

And its cruelty free and not tortured on animals! Yay! I'm looking this up right now!

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

Have you considered any of Paula's moisturizers? She has several formulas in airless pumps.