Honored Contributor

I have learned my lesson............

I don't know why I did this but I purchased the OUAI shampoo for fine hair.  It worked so well the first two times.  Now it does not give any results but also dries my hair.  I am contacting Nordstrom about this product.  Never again my hair feels like straw.  I am learning not to write a review after one or two tries of a product because what this product is doing now is absolutely horrible and I will be contacting the manufacturer too.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have learned my lesson............

Just return it. They will refund beauty and fragrance, no questions asked.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the leave in conditioner from this brand....the scent was so overpowering I couldn't use it. 

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy    For some reason most women review too early.  Nordstrom should be aware of how bad this shampoo is plus $28 ofr shampoo is fairly high.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I also tried the OUAI shampoo for fine hair and did not care for it. The only shampoo I use in this line is the Detox clarifying shampoo which I do like. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I don't know why I did this but I purchased the OUAI shampoo for fine hair.  It worked so well the first two times.  Now it does not give any results but also dries my hair.  I am contacting Nordstrom about this product.  Never again my hair feels like straw.  I am learning not to write a review after one or two tries of a product because what this product is doing now is absolutely horrible and I will be contacting the manufacturer too.

@Katcat1 Why contact Nordstroms?  It may work for some people, just not for you.  I love things that get bad reviews and also sometimes hate something that is very popular.  Everyone is different, and just because one person is unhappy, doesn't mean it is a bad product.

Respected Contributor

I think all cosmetics can have a negative effect if a person uses the same thing over and over again.  I constantly vary my shampoos and conditioners, and look for gentle brands. Also, it depends on how often a person washes her hair.  Hair needs a break to gain some natural oil back every few days.

I find the same thing with make-up.  I try to use products that have a lot of natural and safe ingredients, but sometimes I want some sparkle so I have to compromise.

I use very mild aloe vera moisturizer so I do not overwhelm my skin.

I also agree that everybody reacts differently to different chemicals and products.  What works for one can be disastrous for another.  Unfortunately the only way to discover this is through trial and error.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Why contact the manufacturer and Nordstroms?  Not every shampoo works for everyone. Some people may love it.  I'd return it and write a review but that's it. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  - I agree with what other posters are saying.  This product may work well for others.  No reason to contact Nordstroms and the manufacturer.  A review will be enough.  

Respected Contributor

if it worked good the first couple of times, but not so much afterwards ... i would have put it into my rotation.  i rarely use the same product two days in a row and it seems to work for my hair.  maybe not for everyone, but for me it works.