Trusted Contributor

I have dry skin. Will Mally's Poreless Face Defender work for me? read on.....

I have seen her demonstrate by putting oil on her arm and dabbing it off with the face defender.  I, in no way, have any oil on my face.  I have dry skin.  Will this product work for me and what exactly, besides removing oil, is it supposed to do? Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Re: I have dry skin. Will Mally's Poreless Face Defender work for me? read on.....

I also have dry skin and i did try her face defender last year and I had to send it back it didnt work for me at all.  It just didnt feel good on my skin and it made my foundation look cakey.  and i followed directions just dabbing.  I love Mally by the way but this just didnt work for me.   

Honored Contributor

Re: I have dry skin. Will Mally's Poreless Face Defender work for me? read on.....

@LuvmyLab  If your skin is dry try at least once a day at bedtime using an oil.  Argan, Marula, Rosehip.  I like Marula because it absorbs quickly.  Take a drop or two and rub between your hands and then pat on your face.  I hope you consider this.  Dry skin causes wrinkles and aging.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

KatCat1:  I use a wonderful skincare line and moisturizer a lot.  I will be 60 in a few months and only have a few crows feet lines around my eyes, no other lines anywhere on my face.  I'm often told that I look much younger than I am (which I do)  (thanks mom for the good genes!). I also always use a sunscreen 365 days a year. 

Honored Contributor

I think Mally's "original" of this product was a lot better.  Seems the formulation has changed.  I still use it sometimes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My skin is very dry and it looks ghastly with Mally's Face Defender. You have to be careful with these vendors because they will tell you that their products work with all skin types. If they mention controlling oil or oil free, I stay clear of the product. I also use good products that address dryness but I can't use anything that claims to mattify or hide pores. In fact those of us with dry skin rarely have a pore issue.