Contributor

I have another question please

I had bought Dr. Denese Advanced Firming Facial Pads I would say approx. a month & a 1/2 ago but, recently I just started using them.

I have a quick question that now I'm concerned about. I did not read the instructions on the pads before using them & I was using them correctly on my face but, I also used them on my neck. For some reason or other I happened to read the jar today & it said in bold letters Do not apply to neck or upper & lower eye lids. I would never ever go near my eyes with anything but, again, I did use it a few times on my neck. Now, the question I have is should I be concerned that I did that ? Northing happened to my neck or anything like that but, I have a tendency to be a Nervous Nellie & now I'm concerned. Does anyone know the reason not to use these pads on your neck ? I won't use them again on my neck ever. 

Thank you for your help and any info. It's appreciated.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I have another question please

@HoliBerry  If you are okay don't worry about it but don't use on your neck again.  There is a reason that it is stated not to use on your neck.  I would think that Dr. Denese has a website and I would go to it and ask questions under "Contact Us."  I would think it has something to do with texture of facial skin vs. neck skin.  Enjoy your pads.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Neck may be more sensitive to irritation just like upper and lower eyelids.  Redness and dryness may occur in those areas over time.  

Contributor

Thank you KatCat1 - I will definitely do that - I will check out her website.

Like I said, nothing happened or anything like that - I guess I learned my lesson to read the directions first before I use anything. I'm just a Nervous Nellie - can't help it - that's just how I am.

Thank you again so much.   

Contributor

Thank You Dkay. Appreciate your info. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HoliBerry wrote:

I had bought Dr. Denese Advanced Firming Facial Pads I would say approx. a month & a 1/2 ago but, recently I just started using them.

I have a quick question that now I'm concerned about. I did not read the instructions on the pads before using them & I was using them correctly on my face but, I also used them on my neck. For some reason or other I happened to read the jar today & it said in bold letters Do not apply to neck or upper & lower eye lids. I would never ever go near my eyes with anything but, again, I did use it a few times on my neck. Now, the question I have is should I be concerned that I did that ? Northing happened to my neck or anything like that but, I have a tendency to be a Nervous Nellie & now I'm concerned. Does anyone know the reason not to use these pads on your neck ? I won't use them again on my neck ever. 

Thank you for your help and any info. It's appreciated.  

@HoliBerry   Many firming pads, especially those that contain acid, suggest or warn to not apply to eye area, corners of mouth, around nostrils or on the neck. The skin on the neck is much thinner than the face.

Products tend to accumulate in the corners of eyes, nose & mouth causing irritation. Any time you begin to use a new product with an acid, stronger anti-aging properties, like a Retin A or retinol, start by avoiding those areas. Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@HoliBerry  Don't panic you're fine. I have those pads I use them about 3x a week. Once a week I swipe them gently across my neck.I never had a problem & my neck looks great.

Honored Contributor

I have been using these for years....and on my neck too. Nothing happened negative.  

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be concerned if I didn't break out.  I'd just use a richer moisturizer, Or moisturize a couple of extra times during the week.