Honored Contributor

Yesterday when I was putting on my makeup, I tried a new palette and was quite pleased with the look that I did and wanted to share it with everyone.

So I was thinking - what do you all think about having a weekly thread like the "What did you use up this week" or "What did you buy this week" threads.  Except this one would be "What was your favorite look for the week' or some such name.

We could post our favorite makeup looks for the week. Could be an eyeshadow combo or a blush/highlight/foundation combo or lipliner/lipstick/gloss combo.  Doesn't have to be new palettes or new makeup.  It can be makeup you already have but tried a new combo of colors - can be neutral or colorful or whatever!  

For me, makeup is fun and creative and I love it when we all share new products, ideas, etc.  Hearing about someone's new favorite combo can be inspiring for me to try similar colors or if its the same palette, new colors in the palette I may not have thought about combining or a new lip combo.  Thought this type of thread may also encourage me to wear my makeup more often just so I can try experimenting a bit. 

You don't need to wear makeup every day as I know I don't but during the week you may try something new that you really like and it would be fun to hear what people come up with.

No negative feedback allowed.  Just a fun, lighthearted, weekly thread to share what we have tried and liked which could in turn encourage others to try something new.

Now if ya'll think this is a bad idea, that's fine. Please say so, my feelings won't be hurt.  This is just an idea and I'm throwing it out there to see what you all think about it.

Esteemed Contributor

SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD BE A FUN LIGHT-HEARTED AND POSITIVE THREAD JUDYL.

MAKE UP IS SO FUN TO PLAY AROUND WITH!

IT MIGHT BE COOL TO ADD HAIR PRODUCTS/TOOLS  AND THE LOOKS YOU ACHIEVED AS WELL.

Honored Contributor

My look this week is the same as last week and the week before that, too. So for me a thread about weekly 'looks' wouldn't really apply to me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My look this week is the same as last week and the week before that, too. So for me a thread about weekly 'looks' wouldn't really apply to me.

I was going to say something similar.  My application method is always the same.  I just switch up blush,  eyeshadow, and lipstick colors based on the clothing I'm wearing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I have an idea

[ Edited ]

My favorite look for the week:

Since Labor Day is officially over, I took out my fall palette from Laura Geller's All Seasons Cheek and Eye collection A397035. Fall colors are MY colors, with my blonde hair, warm complexion, and hazel eyes. I LOVE this palette! I have my HG blushes, but the one in this is perfect.

If you have coloring similar to mine think about this. It's sold out here, but available at the LG website. Sign up, and look for a good sale!  Smiley Happy

4EC5AF09-1286-4624-AD49-97037EEFDE4A.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I think this is a good idea. It is fun to read post of people who enjoy that they are doing or people who are creative.

Honored Contributor

Sounds fun, but I personally don't have that much free time, between work & home life, to take pictures of what I applied & post them.  I'll read y'all's posts, though.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I'm in, but, I don't wear makeup every day.  I'd love to participate when I do put my face on tho Smiley Happy  I switch it up a lot.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I immediately thought of you when I read this post!

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was going to say something similar.  My application method is always the same.  I just switch up blush,  eyeshadow, and lipstick colors based on the clothing I'm wearing. 

I rarely switch any of those things, @JeanLouiseFinch, so your routine is more interesting than you are giving it credit to.