Honored Contributor

Had my hair cut in a pixie bob (even shorter than the avatar pic)  I thought I would love it well the romance has warn off.

How long does it take for hair to grow. 

Any tricks for making hair grow quicker.

I know we have all done similar things

Thanks all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I take Biotin (Andrew Lessman's from HSN)....My hair grows like crazy !  Don't know if it will work for you but it does help me.  I BET YOUR CUT IS CUTE !   Add a little lipstick and mascara and Boom !!

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing worse than a haircut you don’t like. Be patient this too shall pass. 

Valued Contributor

Oh,  that's too bad!  I believe hair grows about 1/2 inch each month.  It might be a little more during the summertime.  I also take Biotin and my hair grows quickly.  Hope it grows in soon where you get to like it.  I know many will say it's a trivial thing to be upset about but my hair really defines my look and I feel for you.

Respected Contributor

Maybe get a cute wig as a backup....the choices are really wonderful now days .😊

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I take Biotin (Andrew Lessman's from HSN)....My hair grows like crazy !  Don't know if it will work for you but it does help me.  I BET YOUR CUT IS CUTE !   Add a little lipstick and mascara and Boom !!

@sarahpanda, are you referring to Andrew's product "Healthy Hair Skin and Nails?" If so, and you don't mind answering, how many do you take a day? I've started these and currently just take one...maybe I should bump it up to two pills. Just curious. Thanks. 

And yes, @I am still oxox, we've all been there. My hair was cut a bit too short this last time, also. The worst hair hell I ever endured were two sadistic permanents I got waaaaay back in the day. I had red hair back then and I looked WORSE then Little Orphan Annie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😩   

Honored Contributor

Hair grows about 1/2 inch a month on average and a little faster in the summer time.  There is nothing you can do to make it grow faster.  The growth rate is determined by your genes.  There is no magic vitamin or product to change your growth rate.

i get my hair cut super short a few times a year, then let it grow out.  I find it boring to wear the same style for more than a month or two.

Enjoy your hair the way it is now.  Your short hair won't  last long. In two months you will probably need a trim.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I hate my haircut

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped 

You didn't ask me, but I also take AL Hair, Skin & Nails.  

I've bumped my dosage to 2 a day and hope to see improvements.  While my nails grow like mad, my hair seems to move at a glacial pace.

I've recently stopped "smoothing" my curls after many years of doing so, and I want to get my hair as healthy as possible.  I think 2 capsules will help with that.  

Right now, I'm trying to get a curly shag cut and you'd think I was asking for the moon!  Seems impossible to get it done -- my hair ends up looking like a pineapple top Cat LOL

However, another poster who had lost her hair to chemo reminded me that just HAVING hair was a gift.  I try to keep that in mind no matter how challenging my hair becomes.

Honored Contributor

I hated my last one, too, and vowed that I was done with the person who's been cutting my hair.  It takes some time for a new cut to "settle."

Gee, I remember getting a short bob about 6 years ago.  As I was leaving the salon, a woman and her little boy were approaching.  He said: "I really like your hair!"

One of the nicest things anyone's said to me after a haircut. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox  While your waiting for it to grow, buy yourself some new cute earings....a new lippie, a new fragrance! If you already take Biotin, in a short time it will grow a bit longer to your liking......I remember when I wore long bangs & went to a new stylist, I was not looking & she cut them so short, I did look younger tho LOL!