Honored Contributor

It's in our genes.  Some of us have hair that grows quickly, others have hair that grows slowly.  You already know what group you are in.  People do say that biotin helps hair grow so you can try that.  My bff is 74 and she takes Nature Made biotin, she says it make her hair thicker and shinier.  You should also take a multivitamin everyday, if you don't anyway.  

Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Any particular brand? How many mg's a day?

@lil spot ,

I buy the loose powder form of bamboo silica extract from Amazon.  The name is Bulksupplements Bamboo Extract Powder, item number  B01LWBFI3H . I take a heaping rounded 1/4 teaspoon daily. Can be mixed with liquids such as juice or water...anything that you drink...it doesn't have any taste to it. It can also be mixed into food, but I wouldn't sprinkle it on stuff but rather mix it into something like oatmeal, yogurt or anything than can be stirred. Bamboo silica extract is also available in capsule form but it will cost a considerable amount more.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox    It will grow faster with warm weather, but enjoy it because it will be cooler with the Summer heat!

I cut my own, it’s a bob now but will be a wedge soon, pixie in Summer.

You can purchase a razor at beauty supply stores to keep yours in shape while it grows because it doesn’t all grow at the same rate. Just snip a bit. 

There are fun hair jells, lotions and dry flocker (Nick Chavez) that can change it. Have fun with it!

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Any particular brand? How many mg's a day?

@lil spot ,

I buy the loose powder form of bamboo silica extract from Amazon.  The name is Bulksupplements Bamboo Extract Powder, item number  B01LWBFI3H . I take a heaping rounded 1/4 teaspoon daily. Can be mixed with liquids such as juice or water...anything that you drink...it doesn't have any taste to it. It can also be mixed into food, but I wouldn't sprinkle it on stuff but rather mix it into something like oatmeal, yogurt or anything than can be stirred. Bamboo silica extract is also available in capsule form but it will cost a considerable amount more.

@SilleeMee 

Thank you. I'm going to look into ordering this.

Honored Contributor

Re: I hate my haircut

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox :

I'd take this opportunity to change up my hair color. 

Whether going just a shade or two deeper, making it cooler or warmer, adding highlights and/or lowlights, or (my fave) stepping completely out of the box and trying something totally different.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox i feel your pain. 2 weeks ago i went for a hair cut and I showed my regular stylist a picture of the cut that she had done several months ago. Well what I ended up with is nothing like this cut. I had taken a picture with my phone. Really not happy especially because her price has gone up to $90 for a cut. My only consolation is tht it will grow out in 6 weeks. Then I have to start all over with her. I have thick hair and they always want to cut my hair in a bob. Nice cut but not for me. Oh well I wish you good luck. it will grow out. 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

That really is annoying isn't it?  Hope it grows soon.

I use WEN Tea Tree oil once a week and my hair grows very quickly  compared to my previous rate.  Just stating what I personally experience.

Brushing nightly with a soft brush helps too.

Just had my mid-back length hair cut to a flighty / slightly layered, chin length bob.  

@Drythe- I bet your new cut looks great on you!  How do you like it so far?  Sounds like a nice cut for spring/summer.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Thank you for asking!

I think I really like it.  My stylist left some longish pieces on the side, and they really bothered me.  

So, acting on the Biblical method of hair cutting - "if it offends you cut it off", I took my trusty manicure scissors and trimmed them a bit.  Now I like it much more.

It is a nice change, and will be down past my shoulders by Fall.

Best to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox    When you shampoo your hair, make sure you stimulate the scalp with your fingers vigorously that should help with growth.  So sorry you had such a bad experience.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@I am still oxox    When you shampoo your hair, make sure you stimulate the scalp with your fingers vigorously that should help with growth.  So sorry you had such a bad experience.

scalp brush

When I cut my hair short I started using a scalp brush in the shower.  I use it to distribute, then thoroughly rinse both shampoo and conditioner.

Definitely stimulating!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~