Valued Contributor

I had botox and it didn't take!

In the past, 6-7 years ago was last time, I had a nice response, freezing the 11"s and forehead lines. Now, I had it done on Wednesday and here it is Sunday and there is absolutely no freezing of the muscles. I can move more forehead, and make an "angry" look with no problem.

I'm calling their office tomorrow. This was done by a plastic surgeon in a hospital setting so I'm not thinking it was bad botox, but WTH happened? 

How do we know if they use the number of units they say they're giving when really they just fll up a syringe and poke away? I paid for 40 units altogether. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I had botox and it didn't take!

Besides that, what happened to the stuff they shot into your skin?  Creepy.

Respected Contributor

How disappointing.  I didn’t know this could happen.

Google What To Do When Botox Doesn’t Work by Z Cosmetic Health. Their explanation and advice,

Esteemed Contributor

I understand your disappointment and likely your frustration at going through all the discomfort and cash. Yes, call the doctor to tell him/her what happened but please don’t get so upset that you make your life a living he££. One thing I’ve learned after going through some serious health problems is to pick your battles. If your health is good, see yourself as a very fortunate and, I’ll bet, attractive woman. I do hope you get your money back but I’ll bet there’s microscopic print somewhere disavowing responsibility.

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

In the past, 6-7 years ago was last time, I had a nice response, freezing the 11"s and forehead lines. Now, I had it done on Wednesday and here it is Sunday and there is absolutely no freezing of the muscles. I can move more forehead, and make an "angry" look with no problem.

I'm calling their office tomorrow. This was done by a plastic surgeon in a hospital setting so I'm not thinking it was bad botox, but WTH happened? 

How do we know if they use the number of units they say they're giving when really they just fll up a syringe and poke away? I paid for 40 units altogether. 

@PinkSunset 

1.   The provider can "miss the mark" (no matter how experienced)

2.    You have antibiotics in your system

3.    You have high metabolism, and are a "burner"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

@PinkSunset 

@DesertdiAlso Botox can take a week to see full results.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

@PinkSunset 

@Shanus     AND, you have to follow directions from provider.......no stressful activity for the first 24 hrs......like jogging, housework, gardening, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

@PinkSunset 

@Shanus     AND, you have to follow directions from provider.......no stressful activity for the first 24 hrs......like jogging, housework, gardening, etc.

PS to @PinkSunset, @Shanus     I go to an aesthetician at a "beauty spa".    The place is the biggest provider of Botox in Phoenix, and has a high rating.    I also get Voluma with excellent results.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@PinkSunset

I don't have any experience with this type of procedure, but just wanted to say that I don't blame you for being upset.  I know that these things are not inexpensive.  Will they be able to do it again right away --or will you have to wait for a period of time?  Also, since it does not seem to be working, will they credit you with the expense toward the next treatment?  Is it possible that you got a bad batch?  In any event, I hope you get this resolved in the most satisfactory manner for you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

It takes up to 10 days to work.  I do not sleep on side for four days, but on my back.  No creams with retinol around area treated for four days.  I know all this because having done botox and filler since 2012.  I changed offices this time, my mistake and new one not the experience of the old office, so I had a problem.  They redid in a month for free.

I will go back to the other office in the future.

I know because of cost how disappointed it is a d they should give you so.ethnic, but most don,t.  Mine said the botox representative will give her a refund for a bad batch.  Try asking an out that.