Esteemed Contributor

Re: I had a haircut appt. yesterday and no one called

My hairstyle is easy but I was 3 months behind in getting a haircut so Im going to look like Crystal Gayle when I can finally get one😳

Respected Contributor

I got an email from my salon saying they missed us and would reschedule all appointments once they get the okay to open.  My gray is coming in but blends in well since my colorist uses a color close to my gray.  Maybe I will see how it looks and stop coloring?!

Respected Contributor

In PA we have been closed since the middle of March. I had an appointment for March 31 for a cut and color. So now that has been extended until April 30. I seriously doubt that the salons will be able to open by then. Until the outbreaks decrease, we won't be getting back to normal. Just wished that all states would have made this mandatory and then possibly we could this under control.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I had been thinking about growing my hair out, and maybe should let the gray grow out, too.  I guess this is my chance! 

I usually go every five weeks (I have short hair that grows fast), so I sent a text to my gal and said how about just setting appointments for me at my regular schedule for the next few months so that way when we are able to go out again I have an appointment.   Sure, when it is lifted it may be a few weeks before I get in, but at least I have an appointment.  I think they are all going to get slammed. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

In PA we have been closed since the middle of March. I had an appointment for March 31 for a cut and color. So now that has been extended until April 30. I seriously doubt that the salons will be able to open by then. Until the outbreaks decrease, we won't be getting back to normal. Just wished that all states would have made this mandatory and then possibly we could this under control.

@Tricolor  Also from PA and I agree with your wish about all states.

I got to the point yesterday where I just got tired of messing with my now way too long hair so I cut it myself. I've watched my hair being cut so many times that I felt that I have a handle on how/what to do. And honestly, I did a really good job! Took off about 2 inches. Totally even in the back and got the layers that I wanted. As for color, I guess I am going to go natural for awhile. 

Respected Contributor

F3AD057B-80E4-41AE-9F02-BA7F648AD522.jpegNo call here. But pretty much knew my appointment was canceled! 💇🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Of course the salons are still closed.  They have to be closed.  I had an appointment scheduled for Saturday.  I even received the text last week to confirm my appointment because it's automated.  I confirmed so I would quit getting the texts.  I knew full well there wasn't an appointment.

I don't expect anyone to call to reschedule anything.  I expect when the stay at home order is lifted I will have to text my stylist and make a new appointment.  No sense in the appointment being rescheduled when no one knows when the salon will be able to open again. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Salon owners can take advatange of the emergency Federal loan/grant programs which have been implemented to help small business owners pay their rent and maintain payroll during this time.  Otherwise, salon workers can collect unemployment, but that can be a slow process no matter how hard state's unemployment agencies are trying to expedite the process.  

As for communicating to customers, I'm sure some salon owners made calls to customers with upcoming appointments to let them know to let them know they had been ordered closed same as doctors, dentists, and other service businesses made calls to people with appointments in the timeframe affected by stay-at-home orders. I had a few of these calls when Illinois went under stay-at-home order.  I had a couple of new dates scheduled, but now those dates have to be rescheduled because both are for late April and the next evaluation for lifting the order is April 30.  One office told me they were not going to start rescheduling until we see what happens on April 30.  

@Trix, my stylist told me she cannot get unemployment because she is self-employed.  None of the stylists at the salon are employed by the salon, they only rent a chair so I'm not sure how those loans apply to this type of a salon.  

Honored Contributor

92322207_644750606364560_7128972522480992256_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

PA closed hair salons several weeks ago.  They are considered non-essential services for now and will be closed until further notice.  Sad but true.  Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~