Honored Contributor

I had a haircut appt. yesterday and no one called

[ Edited ]

I actually forgot all about it but no one called to reschedule.  I am sure the salon is closed down until the social distance is lifted.  My hair is getting pretty long now.  I am not use to it but maybe I will end up changing it and letting it be longer layers but still a short cut.  How about you ladies?  Is your salon still closed?  When you think about it Hair Stylists have been hit hard, Barbers, Massage business, Nail businesses.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: I had a haircut appt. yesterday and no one called

My sis and I have gone to the same gal at a salon for years.

They notified us of closure until they are allowed to reopen.

Respected Contributor

The salons have no idea when they're going to reopen so no way to reschedule appointments. I'd like a cut & color too but...oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 :Would you expect someone to call you if the salon is closed??

No one is going to see me sheltered at home. We are (almost) all in the same boat, and that includes our grooming.I did my nails again today.

I am just so glad I was able to get my long haired dog in to the groomer for a short cut. He was the last dog in before they were mandated to close. He was already overdue for a bath & cut and I  have no clue nor tools to groom him myself.

Respected Contributor

My hair stylist texted me to reschedule on April 13 (original date in our state that the shut down would end).  I’m pretty sure the shutdown will be extended here and my appointment will be cancelled.  Not sure when I will get my hair trimmed again. 

Respected Contributor

Yes my salon closed last week.  Our stay at home order extends until june 10 so bang trimming is all i can do.  I think they all need to wear masks even when they open now that we know you can be asymptomatic and shedding the virus for weeks.  I mean the shampoo girl stands right over your head and the stylist is way too close.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of the salons in NC have been told to close according to a sign I saw today.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I actually forgot all about it but no one called to reschedule.  I am sure the salon is closed down until the social distance is lifted.  My hair is getting pretty long now.  I am not use to it but maybe I will end up changing it and letting it be longer layers but still a short cut.  How about you ladies?  Is your salon still closed?  When you think about it Hair Stylists have been hit hard, Barbers, Massage business, Nail businesses.  

@Katcat1   All in NC closed for awhile. It's really tough unless they get unemployment. You know how slow that goes!!! 

Honored Contributor

I would not expect anyone to call about rescheduling your appt;  no way to know yet when it can be rescheduled. All salons are shut down everywhere as far as I know. I am envious of anyone who has a stylist in their home...their kids and spouse will be the only ones looking spiffy during all of this! Fortunately aI had my hair cut right before this all started.

Esteemed Contributor

In Arizona they close at 5 pm tomorrow.