Honored Contributor

Re: I had a Necklift 3 months ago.

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@SilleeMee   Is it possible to get a laser forehead lift? What would it cost?

@NicksmomESQ 

Yes, lasers can be used anywhere on the face to tighten and lift sagging and wrinkled skin. But it's best done on moderately lax skin. Lasers are usually not recommended for extremely lax skin. I don't know what that would cost. Best just go in for a consult. That's what I did. That way I found out what my options were and which ones would work best for my situation. Ultherapy is another option I could have taken but at the time it was too new. Ultherapy today has improved and it's a very popular option for forehead/brow lifts. You might ask about that, too, if you go in for a consult.

Regular Contributor

Fresher Thank you for the very realistic review of your experience. Did you have general anesthesia?

Yes I did. They put something in it to help with my nausea.
Contributor

Hi @TennisCaptain  I also had a thyroglossal duct cyst removed many years ago, and I can now see my neck aging in an uneven way around the scar.  

Thank you for sharing your experinece.  I hope you heal well and have continued good health!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TennisCaptain thank you for posting this review.  I hope you continue to improve and are happy with the result.  It is interesting and educational to hear about others experiences with procedures, telling it like it is.  I am not planning a neck lift, but I think a lot of people don't realize the serious impacts of surgery.  I have had 2 abdominal surgeries for medical emergency reasons, and my surgeon did a really nice job minimizing my scars.  But I have no feeling on my belly.  I can't tell you the number of times my belly has gotten wet from washing my hands (water on the sink spilling onto my belly when i lean on the sink) and I don't notice until i see my wet garment, or touch my wet garment with my arms.  I asked the surgeonabout the numbness and he said of course i had signed off on this risk on my release (i don't remember, but i remember i signed off on the risk of death, i would have signed anything, I wasn't asking about whether i had been warned), and that the reason fo the numbness was that underneath my skin there was a much larger incision than the tiny outward scar that had resulted in the numbness.  he said it might go away, but it never did.  that was in 2001.  So I have no feeling in a large part of my midsection.  No regrets of course, I had an absolute need for the surgeries. I actually think this is the first time I share this.  Anonimity has its virtues.