Respected Contributor

I got that dreaded QVC letter people have talked about.

The one that tells you the past 12 months you returned too many items. Does anyone else find that letter insulting? I spent $1,000 at QVC the past year of items I kept. Never had that happen with HSN. Pretty much everything I return is unused and/ or unopened. They say it is an expense for them yet they deduct shipping. QVC is a mail order company. We do not have a way to tell if we like something till we actually get it. Reviews mean nothing and there is no way to predict if you like something. Sometimes I will order an item and I will get it and it would be of poor quality and look quite cheap so it gets sent back. Sometimes I will forget to cancel an auto-delivery so i will send it back unused and unopened.

As for beauty items QVC how about offering SAMPLES we can buy and try before diving in and spending big $$. That I would think would reduce returns of full size used/opened items.

Sorry that is my rant for the day lol

Regular Contributor

Re: I got that dreaded QVC letter people have talked about.

It's too bad that customers who have kept QVC going for so many years are getting treated like this...they used to be known for their quality--QUALITY, VALUE, CONVENIENCE...

Respected Contributor

I wish we could check our return ratio on line, preventing this from happening. Smiley Sad.
Super Contributor

On 6/1/2014 Mustangshar said: I wish we could check our return ratio on line, preventing this from happening. Smiley Sad.

That is such a good idea. I wish CS would allow us to do this. That way we could tell how many returns we have made in the past year vs. purchases!

Super Contributor

The thing that irritates me is that I don't think they take into consideration things that are returned because they are defective or not as advertised. If you just order multiple sizes or colors and return the ones you don't keep, then I think they should count that.

Contributor

Are you still going to order from them?
Respected Contributor

I am canceling all my auto deliverys

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad}KClady, you are unfortunately going to get a lot of nasty replies in this thread, so prepare yourself. I am sorry you got the letter, it has happened to me, several years ago (I'm trying to remember, I think it was 3 or 4 years ago). I didn't think I had returned that many things, when I got the letter. I consider myself a good customer. Oh well, I do try to make sure that things I order I am going to keep. I only return things that I know I can't use or wear, (or have some defect) etc. I rarely, rarely purchase beauty items, and if I do I usually keep them. I am not on auto delivery for anything, anymore.

I can understand your disappointment and how you feel.....but many people will come on here and chastise you and tell you that you should be more careful ordering, etc.

It's unfortunate that they find the need to send those letters out. But, it's their business and they can run it the way they want to. They must be flush with customers, to be so willing to offend people and/or cancel their accounts. I guess if they have so many customers they can afford to do that, then it really doesn't matter what we think.

Respected Contributor

Of course it's insulting. To you as a customer and to your intelligence. Neighbor got it a few months ago - she probably gets two or three boxes every day. The letter says that most of their customers return about 40%of their purchases, but she had returned slightly more than 50%. Forty percent for most of their buyers?? That's evidence of poor quality as I see it.

I have had to return loads of things this year so far. About 90% was clothing, which either didn't fit according to their size charts, or is made of very poor fabrics, or is just poorly made period. Two pairs of shorts that were marked large, and neither fit - one too large, one too small. I am not going to keep something that I can't use or isn't as advertised.

I ordered a couple of things today from the Internet and when they come, I think I am finished with any company that 1. Sends out insulting letters, and 2. Embraces items of poor quality, and 3. Expects me to pay for returning something that I cannot possibly use. There are too many options open to me as a customer.

Contributor

Will you still keep buying from qvc?