Super Contributor

Re: I got that dreaded QVC letter people have talked about.

On 6/6/2014 Divine said:
On 6/5/2014 Divine said:

I don't want to debate the Q's return policy here, but this video with Antonella and Isaac Mizrahi says it all. She explains about it at around 4:35 minutes, or so, into the video. Sorry, I don't know how to link to this.

A239466 Isaac Mizrahi Live! Classic Suede Moccasins

<br />

Edited by me because I put the wrong item number. I have corrected it.

I posted this last night and I put in the wrong item number. I just corrected it. If you check out this video you'll hear exactly what is being touted as their return policy.

See, this confuses me. Why would she say that, if it isn't true? Doesn't management know what the hosts are saying?

So you have to wonder what's going on here. Why are people getting these letters, then, if the policy is as she states? Either there is a "no policy" return policy, or there's not.

I am sure 99.9% of us will not wear shoes for a period of time and then return them.......I can tell you that I have NEVER, EVER worn a pair of shoes from QVC and then returned them. EVER. EVER. I rarely order shoes from QVC, because I don't like to risk a return. If I am ordering shoes online, I order from Zappos. Because the Shipping is free and if I have to return them for some reason, that shipping is free too. And I know I won't get a nasty letter from them chastising me for returning them.

They need to tell their hosts to STOP saying that you can return anything, at any time for any reason, with no questions asked and with no consequences. Because this can be very confusing to people when they get a letter telling them they have returned too many things and they are "bad".

Super Contributor

On 6/6/2014 Rooney1 said:
On 6/4/2014 PKB said:
On 6/2/2014 Rooney1 said:

IMO you either have a 30 day unconditional return policy you don't.

If not, then they need to specify that you can only return "X" number of items, etc. I am sure that there are some who return like crazy, but the vast majority of individuals are conscientious shoppers, who only return when an item is not as expected, their are sizing issues, etc.

Again, you either have a 30 day unconditional return policy you don't.

If I ever got a letter like that from the Q, that would be the last time I would shop with them.

With the 30 day return policy, common sense should prevail. Unfortunately many do abuse it and call me a cynic, but I'm guessing there is a lot more to some of these stories we aren't hearing. It must take a lot for QVC to cancel a customers account, so I take most of these stories with a grain of salt!

...And I 100% agree...

People should purchase with caution and not give into the "high pressure" sales tactics - however - I still maintain you have a 30 day, no strings, guaranteed policy or you don't. If there are caviots (sp?) - then they need to say so. Be specific and make the rules plain and clear. It's really very simple.

Exactly. Why are they afraid to tell people their ENTIRE returns/service policy? It is simple, I am a rule follower......I want to know what the rules are, so I CAN follow them. I had no idea that Q only accepted a certain # of returns and over that limit they chastise you. Either they will accept returns or not. If not, then they need to tell people that and explain this very clearly. I am not stupid, you are not stupid, Mary Jo Jones from Boise is not stupid, etc. We can follow rules if we know what the rules are. IMO they are concealing their entire policy from people until it is too late, and then it is a game of "GOTCHA". Ooohhhh you returned too much you bad girl, sit down and be good or we will slap your hands. Just not right to hide things from people. Be honest, tell the truth about your business practices and policies and people will appreciate it.

Of course people should purchase with caution, you are correct about that. But we all have moments when we mess up and order the wrong things for us. Either they are willing to accept returns, or they are not. Period......I agree with you.

Super Contributor

Its terrible that people abuse the returns process, but I agree with previous posts that QVC needs to be more clear about what the policy really is. Obviously, it's not simply "Return it if you don't like it." If that were the case, no one would get the letter. I would be really annoyed if I got the letter, when as far as I can tell, the policy is a bit of a bait and switch.

Super Contributor

HE, so true. You could ask anyone who knows me, I am a rule follower, to the T. I didn't even chew gum in class when I was a kid if we weren't supposed to. I don't even speed, I drive the speed limit and set my cruise control. Dh pokes fun at me sometimes because I am such a rule follower. I am a person that would NEVER abuse a policy of any kind, but I need to know what ALL the rules are, before I can follow them.

IMO it is really messed up the way they do this letter sending thing.....what a crock.....it definitely smacks of a bait and switch. People appreciate fairness. This company needs to disclose everything to people about returns and be fair. I think fairness is all anyone expects.

Respected Contributor

I think they need to state in their policy more than the basic return policy. They need to include they may possible penalize you based on your returns or something of that nature

Honored Contributor

I usually return something within a few days. Most of the time when I return something it is because it doesn't fit.

I can tell by looking at it whether or not I'm going to like it. I want to get my money back as quickly as possible. I even send stuff back in the same packages, everything. I think about people who can benefit from buying it if I don't keep it for very long.

Frequent Contributor

First I just want to say that those of you who have posted how all of us who got a letter have issues and how you are so wonderful that you never return anything stop reading right now and take your glorious condescending self to another forum. Hey you're right here on a SHOPPING CHANNEL forum with the rest of us so obviously you love shopping too. I worked retail fashion and beauty my whole adult life for upscale retailers and we actually did appreciate our customers. If Mrs. Bigbucks came into the store we would help her pick out several dresses say, and give her a full makeover. If she wants to return any of it, no problem. If she is our repeat customer we loved her coming in and didn't care if she needed to return something. We knew she was a great asset to our sales numbers and will always faithfully buy from us. We could call her when we had special sales and she always bought something. If she wanted to return half of it, who cares, we still had the other half in our sales numbers. And I worked on commission. It is ludicrous for a mail order store to sell clothes and not expect a lot of returns. I buy a lot and return a lot. News flash, their precious size chart is completely inaccurate for me. Am I supposed to call in and stay on the phone with some CS person checking 7 different measurements? That's real convenient. I doubt they even have any more measurement than the holy size chart. If Mrs. Bigbucks had gotten a letter like that from the upscale store she would have had a heart attack. Like I said, I bought plenty and kept a LOT of it. I never expected to get a freakin' performance review on my buying, that's a first. Loving fashion and beauty is not a disease or a crime. We need to try it on. Kohls is lots cheaper, has similar lines and their slogan is YES to everything. I'm sure QVC doesn't care if I shop here. I actually think their target market has shifted to the thirty something's, when they do their little commercial spots the actresses are alway young not grandmas unless it is a host's mother. I can't imagine why because their spending power doesn't compare to us grannies. My husband said it was outrageous especially since I just spent tons during Gold Month. So that's my two cents on the subject and it feels great to vent.
Honored Contributor

Look, my big gripe (I saw where someone posted about not being able to try on the clothes) is that they seldom post the inches (i.e. bust, waist, hips, etc) measurements for whatever it is they are selling.

I constantly call and either ask that it be put up on the screen (usually on Saturday mornings) or I have to call to see what the measurements are.

Even then when I receive something often the measurements I've been given are totally off or I wouldn't be that off on ordering the garment.

I've said to CS, "I'll bet anyone keeping track of the measurements not being posted on the screen could tell who is in charge for putting up on the screen".

It is so unpredictable. Most of the time it is NOT POSTED. How in the world is a person supposed to guess what the measurement is.

Not only that, sometimes the Quacker Factory rep will say, "You people are constantly asking for all cotton shirts. Here they are". Otherwise you wouldn't even know if they have any stretch in them.

Yet, the Hostess and the Vendor go on and on about the color and the style and let us not forget how goooooooooooood the models look.

You would think they'd have the time to say, "There is 3% stretch." Whatever else might help us decide on the fit for us. NO! They're too busy talking with people calling in.

What get's me about the callers is when they say, "Thank you for bringing this to QVC". They say it to the Vendor and to the Hostess.

Are you kidding me? Thank you?

Contributor

This year I have not tuned in to QVC much. Nothing is new and fresh. Same old stuff. Some of the clothing lines run so big while others run so small. Lack of consistency in quality of the items. I have checked the new arrivals and and and. Easier to shop at Macys on line.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/6/2014 annabellethecat said:

Look, my big gripe (I saw where someone posted about not being able to try on the clothes) is that they seldom post the inches (i.e. bust, waist, hips, etc) measurements for whatever it is they are selling.

I constantly call and either ask that it be put up on the screen (usually on Saturday mornings) or I have to call to see what the measurements are.

Even then when I receive something often the measurements I've been given are totally off or I wouldn't be that off on ordering the garment.

I've said to CS, "I'll bet anyone keeping track of the measurements not being posted on the screen could tell who is in charge for putting up on the screen".

It is so unpredictable. Most of the time it is NOT POSTED. How in the world is a person supposed to guess what the measurement is.

Not only that, sometimes the Quacker Factory rep will say, "You people are constantly asking for all cotton shirts. Here they are". Otherwise you wouldn't even know if they have any stretch in them.

Yet, the Hostess and the Vendor go on and on about the color and the style and let us not forget how goooooooooooood the models look.

You would think they'd have the time to say, "There is 3% stretch." Whatever else might help us decide on the fit for us. NO! They're too busy talking with people calling in.

What get's me about the callers is when they say, "Thank you for bringing this to QVC". They say it to the Vendor and to the Hostess.

Are you kidding me? Thank you?

The measurements for the specific item are listed with items on line. Occasionally they might be off an inch or two- but mostly generally are spot on.