Respected Contributor

Re: I got that dreaded QVC letter people have talked about.

I bought a pair of earrings from Shop HQ a couple months ago..the hoops were way too large and not something I would wear often. I was going to return them but never got around to it..I still have them..my loss! I wouldn't try and return them 2-months later at all.

Honored Contributor

I agree with these letters. People abuse the 30 day return policy. Walmart and stores like this also, limit the refunds. They lose money.

Contributor

I didn't realize that canceling auto delivery plans count against you too. Last year I purchased 6 different philosophy sets on auto delivery. During the winter I became extremely ill, and was hospitalized, with pneumonia and the flu resulting in being on oxygen for two months. Now I a have to deal with asthma and have to be extremely careful about perfume items. So I had to cancel all of my philosophy auto delivery orders. Is that going to count against me? That's insane! If anything it should be considered a positive since they wouldn't have to risk paying shipping on an order that would be returned.
Honored Contributor

I order far less than I used to and having to pay return shipping is one of the reasons....if I ever got such a letter I would never shop on QVC again....it is proof they don't appreciate their customers; I would never shop anywhere that didn't appreciate by business. Too many other places to shop!

Honored Contributor

I've always had to show ID when I return something - no matter what form of payment.

I tried to return a curtain rod at JC Penny a few weeks ago. I didn't have my license and (my husband drove) and they wouldn't even process the return without it. My husband had to show his.

Check hold policy is so abused. People brag about putting things on check hold so they can wait for people to receive their items and give a review. That's wrong. Order it like everybody else...

Respected Contributor

I am so amused as to how women start on one subject and it gets so distorted and by the time the 3 or 4th page appears, we are totally off subject. It's like that old "telephone game" and it's true.

No one is talking about spending habits, no one is talking about abusing the return process, no one is talking about wearing and returning, no one is talking about how much money you have, what your credit card statements look like and the list goes on and on.

We are talking about a letter sent, plain and simple, for the amount you purchased, your return percentage is higher than the Q's average which kicks out a "nice letter" stating "we're watching and hopefully you'll be more careful in what you buy". By the way, here's some tips to help you make an informed decision.

No matter what reason for return, it comes down to numbers, you bought 100 items and returned 50 line items, your return percentage is 50%. Who fault, no one cares, it comes down to line items and percentage of line items returned. Right or wrong, that's what it comes down to.

Contributor

On 6/4/2014 winamac1 said:
On 6/4/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 6/3/2014 winamac1 said:

Even if someone's Macy's account is closed they can still go to their stores and purchase something with cash. QVC does not allow people to purchase if their account is closed.

And, if the person wants to return the item purchased with cash, they can always do that. There is not stopping that.

Yes you are correct about them still being able to purchase by another method in B&M stores.

However, there are B&M stores that won't refund your cash or credit a charge card if you excessively return. They will only give a store credit.

They will give you cash if you paid with cash. They can't "not" give you cash. If you have a receipt , you can refuse giving your id. I had a receipt at V. Secret last week, the item was a week old, I even paid with a Visa, and they asked for i.d. I said "no" I don't need to give an i.d. as I have a receipt. I only did it to see what they would say. The lady next to her said to push some override button and that no id was needed. Therefore, if paying by cash, you can get cash back.

If you pay with cash, and IF it's within their time limit of returns, they have to give you cash back.

And, even if some stores make you have store credit if you are on the "list", you still can shop in those stores and return in those stores.

Man VS gave me a hassle over making a cash return. I purchased $20 worth of undies on a Saturday night at 8pm then returned them after lunch the next day. They were all still wrapped in tissue paper and everything. Only 1 made its way out of the bag and was quickly deemed the incorrect size. I took it back the next day and was told they only give store credit. I had to argue and get a manager to override it. I had the receipt showing I laid cash less than 24 hrs prior and they really thought I'd be ok with store credit? That was my first and last purchase from VS.
Super Contributor

I thought the whole idea with QVC is you can return. I will often take a chance on a item with the thought if I don't like it I can return it.

New Contributor

On 6/1/2014 LEXIE said:

It's too bad that customers who have kept QVC going for so many years are getting treated like this...they used to be known for their quality--QUALITY, VALUE, CONVENIENCE...

I agree with you 100 percent! I have spent so much money on the items I did decide to keep but that doesn't matter to this company. Shopped with them for over twenty years and yes it IS insulting to receive such a letter. If you do not wish to stand a policy YOU created stop using it as a selling tactic to lure in new customers and give your current customers a false sense of security. It is bad business practice. I think the CS side of this mega corporation has gone down hill dramatically. It is not fair to penalize your customers in such a fashion. And yes, be prepared for the account to be closed shortly after you receive this letter.
Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 CouponQueen said:

Regardless of whether you pay cash or credit card..when you return to stores you show ID..and sign the slip. I have never not been given some proof of my return.

Walmart wants your license..Cash sale doesn't mean no ID or name...it is just the form of payment used.

I returned a child seat the other day - I took it back without the receipt. I probably had it in my pile of receipts in a basket I keep but was too lazy to go thru the pile. They took it back and even gave me cash back but told me I am allowed three returns in 90-days without a receipt..that was my first lol..so it didn't matter to me.

If you have a receipt, and if it is within their return period, you CAN refuse to show i.d.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"