Frequent Contributor

Re: I got that dreaded QVC letter people have talked about.

Watch how many things you return to HSN. Years ago, I ordered some Diane Gilman jeans & had a problem with finding the right size that fit, so I had quite a few returns. There were also some things that were very poor quality. The letter that I received stated that since I had returned so many items, I was considered an unsatisfied customer & they closed my account & have never been able to order from them since. I consider it their loss! At least QVC gives you a warning, even though it is insulting after all the money a person has spent!

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Daysdee said:

I agree that QVC does encourage impulse buying. I wonder what % of purchases are on impulse? I know a lot of mine were years ago. Even now they keep saying how "few" are left and there will be "no reorder of this item." Stands to reason they will get a lot of returns. I'm sure they have it all built into their prices though, otherwise they wouldn't still be in business.

When you get that package home and open it up, and there's no surprise and happiness from anticipation, then once again, "they gottcha". They've gotten me before in my weak moments. Eye candy if I'm not careful. LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What I don't get is that when it gets to the point where you know you are having to return too many things because they don't fit, are not good quality according to your standards, Q's error, just don't like it, etc - whatever the reason - wouldn't it be too expensive to pay all that return shipping plus the time wasted packaging and taking package to be returned? At some point before the return rate warranted a letter it does seem that a thought would cross this person's mind alerting them to how costly, time consuming and inconvenient it is to order from QVC is and that they would just stop ordering if they are so dissatisfied. At that point the only conclusion would be that they are just impulse shopping and need to own up to it and quit blaming QVC or anyone else for their problem!! As for when returns are due to QVC error or broken or defective products (and it's hard to believe that this continually happens to those that get "the letter"), I was told those do not factor into the percentage by CS.

Valued Contributor

From 2013 to 2014, I have ordered 10 items and have return 3. I pay for all my returns by UPS. I never order clothes or computers,or furniture,etc. On these kinds of purchases I want to feel ,touch, etc. In my many years dealing with home shopping, HSN or QVC never had a issue on returning items and it something does not meet my standards it is returned and the return is paid for by me.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never received the dreaded letter, however, I return many items also. I don't understand this policy at all. How many times to do you shop in a B & M store, take multiple items in the dressing room, but don't find anything that fits, you like, etc ? I try on many more items than I ever buy.

If the item is returned in the same condition it is sent out, what is the problem?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 tends2dogs said:

I have never received the dreaded letter, however, I return many items also. I don't understand this policy at all. How many times to do you shop in a B & M store, take multiple items in the dressing room, but don't find anything that fits, you like, etc ? I try on many more items than I ever buy.

If the item is returned in the same condition it is sent out, what is the problem?

You can't compare taking items into a dressing room and not buying them. It's more like if you buy a lot of items then continually return them (regardless of the condition they are in when you return them) to a B & M store. They will not accept your returns either after noticing a pattern. While you may return them in the same condition sent out there are probably many more that do not so they have to set a policy that may not be fair to some but you have to think that they have to draw the line somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I was told by corporate the returns warehouse is like a factory- items are scanned when they're received and that initiates the return process. Which is why any specific return instructions might not be addressed. Beauty items are tossed; and there isn't anything sophisticated to examine the returns for condition, wear, etc- all they look at is the time frame of the order/return received. It's a numbers game with the letter- the ratio examined is number of purchases vs number of returns. 50%+ is the problem percentage but warning letters are often sent at 40%+.

Respected Contributor

I think when the hosts say "try this for 30-days..." they mean within reason..not try 30 things and return 19...that is abusing a policy.

Obviously if you need to return 50% of your purchases then then line/place may not be for you and with the internet there are so many other options out there.

I find from reading..people buy excessively here, even with complaints of high S&H, higher prices, poor quality, poor sizing, etc..that they want to use easy pay..and they want to charge it to their Q card..

It is one thing if you want a expensive item split over 6-payments occasionally but to buy 6 per month that you could not otherwise afford, and when one of those easy pays hit on the same billing cycle and your account is overdrawn...you shouldn't of been buying the non essential item then.

Respected Contributor

I have read these boards where people have purchased holiday decorations and then returned them before the 1/31 return period. Horrible!!!!

Frequent Contributor

i find it insulting...i have returned alot of stuff.....why because sizes vary so much......they have a return policy....nowhere did i read there was a LIMIT........they better never send me one.....................i buy alot from the Q.......if it doesnt work...it is going back...that simple.....................