Trusted Contributor

I got hacked on Facebook! (OT)

Got a rude awakening last night when I signed on FB & had all of these messages from friends who were telling me that I'd been hacked, as a fake (my name) was asking them to friend them, when we were already friends. I must have gotten over a dozen messages from people. I googled what to do; changed my FB password right away, reported it to FB, and tried to beef up my security, though it was already tight. I guess it's pretty common right now for some jerk with nothing better to do to hack into someones account & cause trouble. I really don't understand why someone would mess with someone you don't know (now, I could see doing it to an ex-spouse when you're feeling in a particularly vengeful mood--just kidding). It would be nice to know that someday, that person will have this happen to them. Thanks for letting me vent.

Respected Contributor

Re: I got hacked on Facebook! (OT)

This happened to me last year and they posted all kinds of se@ual videos and pictures. I started getting emails from friends telling me I had been hacked!! I was shocked when I saw was being posted like I was doing it. I did the same thing changed password and upped my security. There are always going to be people that have to ruin something nice or at least try to anyway.

Respected Contributor

I went to FB the night before last and their Homepage was all wonky, I bet they were being hacked then. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

I better go check on my acct, thanks and sorry about that joannecha, that really stinks...

Regular Contributor

It happened to one of my sons several months ago, also. His account started sending out questionable videos. He thought he got hacked when he clicked on a video or link sent from someone else's FB account.
Honored Contributor

I am sorry that happened to you. You wonder what kind of person does something like that. I refuse to be part of Facebook, Twitter, etc.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 KatCat1 said:

I am sorry that happened to you. You wonder what kind of person does something like that. I refuse to be part of Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Awsome choice...I also don't do any of it...My family can email me, I get texts..I don't need hundereds of people to know my every move or where I am eating, etc...sorry that happened also, their is just too much going on in the world today...

Respected Contributor

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I would really like to know, as I don't do FB. When one gets hacked at FB, do they get everything? Your photos, etc? Everything?

Reason I asked is because my Daughter has my grandchildren's photos on there. I worry they may end up in some "creeps" photo album...Know what I mean?

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

It happened to me a few years ago. And as I was online he sent spam to my friends. I was able to see him do it ""live"" he was logged into my account the same time I was. I changed my password and it solved the problem

Respected Contributor

This happened to me a few years ago and I changed my password and email. Also make sure that you sign out everytime that you leave Facebook. It is a pain to keep signing in but it is better to use precautions.