Honored Contributor

Re: I got an email today from Ulta announcing the exclusive launch of KKW in stores nationwide

I purchased a blush from Kylie at ULTA.  It is a very pretty shade and very good quality.  The Kardashians are no different than anyone else.  So many actors and actresses use their name to sell products and other families that are on TV.  The Kardashians have been on TV for many years now and they had the opportunity to make money and did so.  No one turns their back on making money and if you think otherwise, you are fooling yourself.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: I got an email today from Ulta announcing the exclusive launch of KKW in stores nationwide

Just no. Not a fan of this family. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Excuse my honesty, but in my opinion, there's no real talent in that family except finding ways to make more money. I object to that. I'll wear no makeup before purchasing from that line. 

Women won't care about the quality or colors, they just want to purchase the name. It doesn't sit right w/ me. 

Thank goodness this isn't the only family in the cosmetic business. I would never pay a dime to profit that family. However, when I am at my salon, the young girls are all abuzz about  anything new coming from the K family. 

Honored Contributor

Guys remember the way that family initially got famous was an illicit "tape" of Kim that went viral. I think pretty much everyone had that talent and ability at that age...if they wanted to use it that way...we just had better things going on.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I refuse to give them my money and make them richer than they already are!

Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't aware of the KKW launch and went to my local Ulta today for the first time in months.  On the right of the entrance was a large Kylie Jenner cosmetics display and next to it was Kim's KKW Beauty display.  IMO the Kardashian lines shouldn't be given more space than Clinique, Estee Lauder, or Lancome, but I guess they feel this stuff will sell more than those brands.  What I thought was interesting was that the shelves were packed with KKW and Kylie merchandise, but the samples/testers looked nasty.  I don't like that they've given the prime real estate to these brands while I have to go searching for the ones that I want to buy.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

I wasn't aware of the KKW launch and went to my local Ulta today for the first time in months.  On the right of the entrance was a large Kylie Jenner cosmetics display and next to it was Kim's KKW Beauty display.  IMO the Kardashian lines shouldn't be given more space than Clinique, Estee Lauder, or Lancome, but I guess they feel this stuff will sell more than those brands.  What I thought was interesting was that the shelves were packed with KKW and Kylie merchandise, but the samples/testers looked nasty.  I don't like that they've given the prime real estate to these brands while I have to go searching for the ones that I want to buy.  

@wildcat fan   Most cosmetic/skincare lines either pay for prominent space in stores or are placed to the back if not popular and sales are down in those products. The KK family paid lots of money to be up front in ULTA. Whether they stay there is another story.

Super Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl 

But yet....you're here promoting her line.

She's living rent free in the heads of many😆

I admire her tenacity & drive to continue explore her passions.

All the while,

-filming for the family show

-creating instragram/twitter content every day

-creating a shapewear line

-raising 4 kids

-in a high-profile marriage

-studying for her law degree

Her father would be proud of her & the rest of the family.

KKW has assistants and mu artists for her filming, an assistant to update her social media, nannies for the kiddos, designers and techs for the shapewear line, and more academic support/ assistance in studing for her law degree.

In her case, it does take a village...of personal assistants.

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl 

But yet....you're here promoting her line.

She's living rent free in the heads of many😆

I admire her tenacity & drive to continue explore her passions.

All the while,

-filming for the family show

-creating instragram/twitter content every day

-creating a shapewear line

-raising 4 kids

-in a high-profile marriage

-studying for her law degree

Her father would be proud of her & the rest of the family.

KKW has assistants and mu artists for her filming, an assistant to update her social media, nannies for the kiddos, designers and techs for the shapewear line, and more academic support/ assistance in studing for her law degree.

In her case, it does take a village...of personal assistants.

Really doesn't matter how many assistants one has, there's still

work to do.  In fact, she should be admired for juggling that many

people to make her brand as successful as it is.
She makes it look easy.