Respected Contributor

Re: I found the perfect sunscreen for me!!

@Shanus wrote:

@momoftwo2007. If the sunscreen is Tinted, how do you apply it on neck and chest w/o getting it on your clothing? Curious.

@Shanus

I can't speak for momoftwo2007 but I use a tinted sunscreen on my face and an untinted one on my neck.  I don't get enough color from my sunscreen to make a big difference in color between my face and my neck.  But I guess it's the same as wearing makeup. If you blend it down your neck, to match your face, you'd get some on your clothes, potentially.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse. That's why I don't use Tinted SPF...just use 1 that I can apply all over...."one and done".

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

Do you wear foundation? I find that foundation looks a bit "too much" on me now (be it liquid, cream or powder - they all seem to emphasize things I don't what to emphasize) but I want a little color just to even out my skintone.  That's why I like a tinted sunscreen.  For me, it eliminates one step in getting ready in the morning. 

I really want to try this Australian Gold one but I have a new tube of the Skinceuticals tinted physical SPF 50 to get through first. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse. I don't own foundation...never have. I wear a tinted Moisturizer and concealer under eyes & around nose. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse  I use the Skinsceuticals untintec SPF.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Texasmouse. I don't own foundation...never have. I wear a tinted Moisturizer and concealer under eyes & around nose. 

@ShanusThen you do one more step than I do because you're applying sunscreen in addition to your tinted moisturizer.  How do you deal with the color difference for your neck?

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@momoftwo2007. If the sunscreen is Tinted, how do you apply it on neck and chest w/o getting it on your clothing? Curious.

I have used tinted sunscreen for years. You just have to be careful. I have never had a problem with getting it on my clothes. So far it hasnt shown any signs of transfering to my clothes after application either.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I only use the tinted sunscreen for my face.  I use regular sunscreen for my neck/chest/body.  I use facial sunscreen for face because of my sensitive/problematic skin.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse. There's no color difference between face and neck since my tinted moisturizer (BB) is the same color as my foundation would be (if I wore any). My moisturizer comes in many shades, mine is Alabaster tint and matches my face & neck exactly.