Super Contributor

Re: I found a new use for argan oil

On 2/26/2015 SunValley said: I saw a hairless rat on my modeling trip to Paris and found out the rat was 70 and looked 40. His secret was Arrrrrgon Oil!
SunValley, that was Argan gold! Too funny!
Respected Contributor

I guess rats need moisture too.

Super Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Mochahoney said:

I use it on my little dog's ears. she's very old and frail and the edges of her ears get very dry and leathery feeling. the argan oil softens them up like magic. photo 80b79123-5939-4af3-b50b-a6706c09b4ee.jpg

What a cutie! I had been wondering if it would be safe to use on my little dogs head. She's a 6 month Pomeranian and the fur on her head seem like it could use a little something. The hair on her back is a beautiful dark shiny black, maybe because of the double coat. Her head sometimes doesn't appear as black and shiny. I know sometimes things that are safe for us aren't for our pets.

How old is your little baby?

Honored Contributor

mochahoney

Your little pup is just too sweet for words.

Valued Contributor

naked mole rats? I like 'em

Honored Contributor

707bd78d8a2ad95d8737263a4af694ef.jpg (236×142)

"Thanks, grammy!"

Frequent Contributor

On 2/27/2015 CrystalBlue1 said:

Rat Bite Fever, rats are filthy disgusting animals.

Rat bites and scratches can result in disease and rat-bite fever. Rat urine is responsible for the spread of leptospirosis, which can result in liver and kidney damage. It can also be contracted through handling or inhalation of scat. Complications include renal and liver failure, as well as cardiovascular problems.

Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), a viral infectious disease, is transmitted through the saliva and urine of rats. Some individuals experience long-term effects of lymphocytic choriomeningitis, while others experience only temporary discomfort.

One of the most historically dangerous rat-borne diseases is the bubonic plague, also called “Black Plague,” and its variants. Transfer occurs when fleas from the rats bite human beings. Fleas transported on rats are considered responsible for this plague during the Middle Ages, which killed millions. From the transmission of bubonic plague to typhus and hantavirus, rat infestations can prove harmful to human health.

Rats also are a potential source of allergens. Their droppings, dander and shed hair can cause people to sneeze and experience other allergic reactions.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG .... I want to vomit!!! ... rats, hairless or with hair are totally disgusting and dirty and carry all kinds of disease.
Valued Contributor

how sweet.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Contributor

I too keep rats as pets, and all of you saying they are disgusting have obviously never opened your mind or your heart to these sweet, smart animals. Too bad, because you are missing a lot. We have had about ten rats over the years, all RESCUES, and our hairless ratties were so very sweet and cute. I miss them. Right now, we have just two white rats, Daisy and Jasmine. They are very much like dogs in terms of personality and charm. The only bad thing is that their lifespan is so short; it is heartbreaking to lose them after only 2-3 years.