Super Contributor

Re: I forgot my shadow primer and need a drugstore rec

Jordana Continuous Almond Eye Pencil. I learned about it here on BB, and I have used it ever since. It's a chunky pencil that is rather soft. I apply from the pencil and blend with my finger or my Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow brush. I love it, and it's so inexpensive - under $5.

Just looked and the actual name is Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/2/2014 magemay said:

If you can find Lily of the Desert Aloe Gelly at your drugstore, it works great as a face and eye primer. It dries down to a beautiful finish, without silicones.

love this idea!

Super Contributor

Milani or Fergie. Both outstanding and I think better than Too Faced for lasting, no creasing, true color of shadows and easy to blend shadows with either of these as your base. If I had to pick one, Milani.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Respected Contributor

Elf. Even Wayne Goss gives it props. It's what I use. The other suggestions here are good. I think you'll find they're all pretty similar. I stopped spending a lot of money on eye primers since it's an unnecessary expense.

Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 LuluCCS said:

Milani or Fergie. Both outstanding and I think better than Too Faced for lasting, no creasing, true color of shadows and easy to blend shadows with either of these as your base. If I had to pick one, Milani.

I purchased the Milani after reading all the great reviews. The first time I used it I ended up with makeup all over my face! I was out in public (nearly had a stroke when I passed a mirror) and my boyfriend said he didn't notice! Needless to say I returned it.it's very likely was a bad batch
Trusted Contributor

I used the Wet N Wild primer for the first time today and it was fantastic! Thank you again for all the recommendations.

To the poster who wondered why I didn't buy a Too Faced spare...because I already have a spare at home, plus I'm not in a place with a lot of stores, unlike my hometown. And I didn't really want to spend 20 dollars on a shadow primer anyway.

I'm so happy I found something I liked for 5 dollars. I really love the beauty board. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Stargazer77 said:

I used the Wet N Wild primer for the first time today and it was fantastic! Thank you again for all the recommendations.

To the poster who wondered why I didn't buy a Too Faced spare...because I already have a spare at home, plus I'm not in a place with a lot of stores, unlike my hometown. And I didn't really want to spend 20 dollars on a shadow primer anyway.

I'm so happy I found something I liked for 5 dollars. I really love the beauty board. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thanks for posting back how you like it. I'm going to give it a try tooSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

elf at Target for a buck is the best eye primer I've ever used! It's so good, I stopped my Too Faced completely!