Respected Contributor

I forgot how much I loved Mally's Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer

I'm wearing it today and I love it so much.  Does it still exist? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: I forgot how much I loved Mally's Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer

It's been discontinued, now her Shadow Stick Extra is sold. Most think it's not improved as they claim. Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze is a close dupe to Saddle Shimmer.

Respected Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

It's been discontinued, now her Shadow Stick Extra is sold. Most think it's not improved as they claim. Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze is a close dupe to Saddle Shimmer.

I've tried that.  Not the same.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

kiko milano has a bunch of shades. I actually like them better than Mally's and made in Italy just like Mally's (probaby both from the same manufacturer, lol!) I definitely like them better than Mally's new "improved" shadow sticks. I can't believe they'd change one of their iconic products, along with her iconic mascara in the white tube. 

Respected Contributor

Okay, @Mellie32, I took one for the team on this one. I, too, love Mally Saddle Shimmer shadow stick. You're going to think I'm crazy, but I literally have almost 30 shadow sticks. I wear one probably 8 out of 10 times I wear makeup, in some way. So, I pulled out the ones close to SS and here's what I found:

Mally Shadow Stick Extra (MSSE) in Burnished Bronze -- 95% similar. The tiniest bit darker

MSSE in Brownstone -- 95% similar. Tiniest bit more cool/purple undertone

Kiko Milano Long Lasting Stick Shadow in 05 -- 85% similar -- slightly more cool and purplish undertone

MSSE in Chocolate Diamond -- 85% similar -- is slightly darker and has micro shimmer in it. 

NUDESTIX in Immortal -- 75% similar -- darker and slightly more warm/copper

Eyeko Me & My Shadow Liner in Taupe --80-85% similar -- more cool/taupe/grey

its a toss up between the first two which is closest. Honestly, on the eyes, I doubt you would be able to tell much, if anything at all. I only did hand swatches. 

Many people don't like the new formula as much as the first one, and I don't either, BUT, I still find it to work VERY well for me. Hope that helps!!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE what an awesome comparison chart- that is super helpful! Thanks for taking one for the team and I love shadow sticks too although not sure I have quite as many as you but I'm not too far behind! 

Image result for wink emoticon

Trusted Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

I've tried that.  Not the same.  Smiley Sad

Oops, sorry, I think it was the other brown in their regular line. I don't have it anymore as it dried out and can't remember the name.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mellie32 ~ I feel your pain.  I wore Mally's Shadow Stick in "Taupe" exclusively for many years.  Mally's new and improved shadow sticks are too glittery for me and the color doesn't last, leaving an eyelid covered in sparkles.  Not a good look.  I've searched all over for a Taupe dupe. 

The closest I've found so far is by Kiko Milano (is there an echo in here?).  It's creamy, not glittery, and the color lasts all day for me.  It's called an "8-hour" shadow for a reason!  They have several colors so you might find a Saddle Shimmer clone that you like.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 I am late to shadow sticks but I did purchase 4 BM's Quick as a Wink & love them. Edited to add...The shades are a vanilla, rose gold, taupe & bronze.

Valued Contributor

Love the Burnished Bronze but even better is her mascara. It came with an order I got and was so pleasantly surprised how nice it was. I've tried many different mascara's but now will only use Mally's!