Trusted Contributor

I find the IT Cosmetics blush Je ne se Quais blush too bright.

I bought the new It Girl holiday palette and the blush is so awfully bright and doesn’t blend for me no matter what I do.

also the eyeshadows are too light. I may return the whole thing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I find the IT Cosmetics blush Je ne se Quais blush too bright.

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover Are you talking about the Beauty Book that went on waitlist?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

@Stargazer77 Yes, I apologize for not being more clear. I just got back from 5 days visiting my son and his wife and I brought the IT Girl Holiday Book pallet with me. Last year the blush was neon pink this year the one is like a strawberry super bright pink it looked way to much for me and I wear alot of blush on my cheeks because blush is my favorite. With this I only used the lightest sweep and it was still clown pink on me. 

Also, the cashmere eyeshadow base is chaulky and too light making the eyeshadows with little color payoff look weird. I am not pleased with this at all. I hate to return something but I am not happy at all.

Laura Geller's baked blushes go on smooth as silk as does her eyeshadow products I have been reaching for her makeup much more than IT. I may just move over to LG permanently.

Esteemed Contributor

Use a very soft brush for the blush, and barely sweep closer to the top on the lighter part of the blush.

I got this palette, too, though I do not care at all for the glitzy & rough-textured cover.

Also, I like the lighter eye shadow shades, especially since I didn't really have shades like that. Lighter shades open up the eye; darker shades makes you look like you have 2 black eyes! I like It's powders & the Bye Bye Pores for the silk.

But it's all in what you like, so....

Honored Contributor

Je ne se Quais blush also comes in a cream version. I have this and it's the perfect shade for my extremely pale skin.Being a cream, I wonder if it's naturally sheerer than the powder version? It looks BRIGHT in the compact but on, very nice. 

It's a shame the Book didn't work out for you; it's a great idea especially for traveling.

Esteemed Contributor

If it’s to bright your using to much. Also use a less dense brush. A little more fluffier will work best.

Honored Contributor

Since I have to be very careful about blush, I don't sweep, I tap the brush onto all blushes.  If I still feel like it's too much, I'll also blow on the brush.

Respected Contributor

I like the blush - got it either by itself or in another set.  I usually don't think blushes have enough color - they don't show up on me.  I use the IT blush brush - I sweep it from the dark to light.

Valued Contributor

Yeah the blush is bright, but more of a rosey color rather than the pinker one from last year’s book. I used the new book today, and I thought the es shades were too light, but when I looked at my finished face they were perfect. I did use urban decay primer potion, that might have intensified the colors. Note the bronzer isn’t matte, it has a bit of glow and it’s ombre. I should have guessed that, it’s called honey glow.
Valued Contributor

Also as I get older I find I look better with a pop of brighter color on the apples of my cheeks, well blended