Respected Contributor

I finally tried Thrive mascara & eye sticks.

I've wanted to try them for a while & they had a sale over Mother's Day, so I bought the Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara & 3 of the Eye Brightening Sticks.

Muna-Mauve taupe shimmer This is the one that I really wanted, but I'm not sure that I love it. The base color is pretty, but it has silver micro glitter in it. I never like that in products. It doesn't fall out like the glitter usually does, but it's still not a look that I love.

Aurora-Rose gold shimmer It's a pretty, light shimmery, mostly gold tone. 

Tara-Rose mauve shimmer My favorite of the 3. Almost a copper shade of rose gold, but not orangey at all.

They go on very smoothly. Easy to build up the color. Sets & wears well all day, I don't use primer under them.

They aren't meant to be eye shadow sticks, so they say that is why they are all lighter colors. They are only meant to brighten the eye area.

The mascara is really nice! It does make my lashes look long & nicely separated. Dark & pretty. I can layer it as much as I like. It doesn't flake or smear on me.

I use Ulta brand argan oil as makeup remover. With my typical mascara I rub on the oil & the mascara breaks down & smears all over my face.

The Thrive mascara comes off in little plastic clumps. Not tubes. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I finally tried Thrive mascara & eye sticks.

I have the Muna and the warm bronze colors.  I've been wearing them for a while but I put a primer under them because my lids are oily.  These sticks work very well for me because I don't want a heavy shadow look which makes me look tired.  

I also have the mascara which I like.  It works very much like the tube kind.  However, one time I pumped the bottle and the contents seem to have come to the top.  Now when I use it too much gets on the wand and makes a mess.

I also tried their eyebrow pencil.  That one is a "no" for me.  Comes off quickly.  The Anastasia brand is much better.

Super Contributor

I am a huge fan of Thrive causemetics after I tried their mascara a few years ago.  It is truly the only mascara that works for me.  I only have to put on one coat and my lashes look great the rest of the day.  Other mascaras would flake off quickly.

When I reordered I tried their creamy eye sticks and loved them.  But my favorite is their eyeliner pencils. I have tried many pencils from high-end brands and all would wear off or give me racoon eyes.  Thrive's pencils are the only ones I get now because they stay on for the whole day. They also glide on smoothly with no tugging on the delicate eye area.

As you can tell, I am a big fan!

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo Did you check to see if the "scraper ring thingy" is coming off when you pull out the wand?

I have had that happen. There is a ring around the top of the tube that scrapes off excess mascara & it can get stuck at the top of the wand, up next to the lid.

It may not be coming off every time.

Respected Contributor

@busymom22 I will try the eyeliners next when I reorder the mascara.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

These Thrive pencils sound wonderful, I assume they are retractable, which is all I would buy. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi!

I like Thrive products.  I have tried the eye shadow sticks, the concealor, mascara and the color sticks. All the products worked well.  I don't use mascara and eye shadow everyday, but they are faves when I do.  The mascara really is like extensions with 2 coats!!

I love the concealor and the color sticks.  Both blend nicely and have some staying power.  I recommend!

Trusted Contributor

For folks that like the mascara, does it volumize as well as lengthen?  My lashes are long enough, but they definitely need more volume.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

For folks that like the mascara, does it volumize as well as lengthen?  My lashes are long enough, but they definitely need more volume.

Thanks!

@lkat I don't find that it volumizes, just darkens and separates lashes for me.

Super Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

These Thrive pencils sound wonderful, I assume they are retractable, which is all I would buy. 

They are retractable. What I love about them is that they glide on easily but stay on the whole day.