Contributor

I finally got the InStyler and it's such a huge disappointment!

I have been boring my family for weeks because I was debating buying the InStyler and I was hesitant to splurge. I kept asking everybody if they have tried one. I don't usually put so much thought into a $100 purchase but for some reason I kept going back and forth. Nobody I know had tried one, and the only input I got was a woman at Target who saw me examining it. She said it works pretty well, but when I asked her if she uses it every day she said "Well, no...maybe once a month" -- so I went home without it. Then I saw the Q presentation (for the 18th time this week) and I went back to Target to buy it. I washed my hair, towel dried it, and went to work with my InStyler. I think a $12 curling iron/ flat iron would be just as effective and easier to use. It didn't really effectively straighten OR curl my hair after several passes, and I have really average straight-ish wavy long hair. BUMMER!

It works like magic on TV -- go figure. I think the secret is not the fancy curling iron, but the professional hair stylist who is holding it! Anybody else have a similar experience? I think I might return it unless you all can convince me to keep trying.