Frequent Contributor

Re: I fell and fractured the ball of my humerus OT, I know

On 1/26/2015 feline groovy said:

15469030f1ed31d42dd4aeb065152660.jpg (236×157)

Hope you heal quickly!

This is so cute, thanks for the humor! I am so much better now.

Super Contributor

Gigiwiki, I also had a similar injury. You're right, it takes over your life for a while. But you get through it. Here's what worked for me once mine had healed enough. 1. I'd been using my other arm while the hurt one was immobilized. Now I let my "good" arm teach my healing one how to move again. I would do something, pay attention to the movement, then mimic it with my healing side. Over and over, day after day. 2. Took my time with this and found ways to gently allow my busted wing to do what it needed to do. 3. Physical therapy was not much help. Don't expect too much from that, or skip it. 4. When i was several months out and felt pretty strong but didn't yet have full range of motion back, I found a practitioner who does true deep tissue work. It is amazing at breaking up the adhesions or whatever you call them so your shoulder can move again. After my first treatment, I was black and blue but went from 60% to 90% range of motion. I only needed two treatments and I'm now at almost full range. 5. I did try to see the gift in the injury, and be open to what I had to learn. It was surprising and enlightening. Hope your process goes well, too!
Super Contributor

Glad you are better Gigi! It does take time to heal.

{#emotions_dlg.sad} I can empathize with what you went through. I fell and had a similar issue to yours and it was without a doubt the most pain I'd ever been in, in my life, and that includes childbirth! And having arthritis seems to make it worse.

So glad to hear you are doing better, thank you for updating us.

Trusted Contributor

I'm really sorry to hear that & hope you heal real soon. I broke my left shoulder in a fall in 2001 and it was painful. And hard trying to take a bath, shampoo hair, put makeup & clothes on, etc, etc. My sister fell on black ice in February & broke her right shoulder and that totally put her out of work for two months because it's the arm she writes with. So been there, know what you are going through. My sympathies to you and sending well wishes for a speedy recovery to you.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/26/2015 feline groovy said:

Hope you heal quickly!

Love it!

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry! I hope you heal quickly.
Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 OkeyDokey said:

With shoulder/arm issues, sleeping in a recliner can make it a bit easier. I'm so sorry you are going through such pain!

Try a Memory Foam Pillow under the shoulder while you're in the most comfortable position you can get in the recliner. If you don't have a recliner in your house, perhaps you can't locate a rental. Hoping your convalescence goes as smoothly as possible.....