Honored Contributor

I expected more from Estée Lauder’s Futurist Hydra Rescue Foundation

I expected more from Estée Lauder’s Futurist Hydra Rescue Foundation. It's not hydrating or moisturizing at all and it's not blendable or full or medium coverage. It's really not that great for very dry mature skin and every tiny blemish peaks through it. Sigh. 😭😭😭

Respected Contributor

Re: I expected more from Estée Lauder’s Futurist Hydra Rescue Foundation

Thanks for the review.

I expected more from Tacha and Elemis. Both disappointed my dry mature skin. 

Honored Contributor

@granddi 

Which Tatcha product(s) disappointed?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@granddi 

Which Tatcha product(s) disappointed?

I have mature/dry skin. I normally use lancome and clinique products. 

I tried Tatcha Dewy skin cream and serum. It was touted as being ultrahydrating. After using my face was red and patchy.(I got it calmed down with a little hydrocortisone) The silk peony eye cream just sat on my skin and did not absorb well. They rice polish was ok. 

I'm wondering if the lavender dye had something to do with the sensitivity. I would never have characterized my skin as sensitive.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to wear their other liquid.  It oxidizes too much.

Do you use a nice moisturizer prior to application of a primer that hydrates @Mindy D ?

I'm not a primer gal, but I will moisturize well before applying any make up.  Though I did give up on Estee Lauder (everything) not long ago.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I kinda shake my head in amazement when I read someone doesn't use primer.  Have you tried it?  Did you get the right one for your skin type and your needs?  Did you buy a drugstore brand or a higher end product?  Unless you're allergic to the ingredients, there is a primer for every skin type and need and I'm not a MUA but it's my belief that everyone can benefit from a primer if you wear foundation and want it to look it's best.  It creates the perfect canvas for your foundation.  Foundation goes on smoother, lasts longer, looks better. Even if you don't wear foundation, a primer can improve the look of pores and even out skin tone.  There are primers that are untinted and tinted.  It's night and day the way foundation goes on over (the right) primer.  And skincare products prior to primer and makeup application also makes a big difference.  Twenty five years ago when Smashbox came out with their first primer (it was silicone) I read here that Monistat CHAFING GEL was the exact same thing.  It was and was what I used till a couple of years ago when my face became too dry.  Now it's Hourglass primer or Benefit Tinted and Hydrating Primer.

Honored Contributor

@granddi 

I have dry skin too.  I'm 62 with good genes from mom and dad.  I've been using a suite of Tatcha products for nearly two years and truly love them.  I start out with the Camillia Oil if I have makeup on, Rice Wash, Rice Polish, Missha Essence (then several products from The Ordinary and Missah Vita C) and finish with Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream (at night).  For daytime it's a couple products from Glow Recipe and Tatcha Gel Cream.  "The Pearl" for undereye brightening (not skincare) THERE WAS ONE TATCHA PRODUCT THAT MADE A MESS OF MY SKIN!  It was the VIOLET-C RADIANCE MASK Brightening & Refining Mask.  I don't consider facial skin sensitive either.

Respected Contributor

I don’t use primer every day, just if I’m especially dry.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   To bad you don't like it...I love the foundation. A sales clerk gave me a sample about 2 years ago, and I have been using it ever since.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   I purchased the Long Wear Light months ago and fond it to have a sticky feeling.  I want to try the Long Wear Sheer but hesitant because of my experience with the Light.

kindness is strength