Respected Contributor

Re: I dream of a Kardashian free society .

@HappyDaze wrote:

@MW in Iowa I truly despise so-called "reality" tv. 

I know ppl may think I'm weird but I don't care. I truly hate "reality tv." My SO and I pay $5/month to have the Encore Western channel and that along with INSP on the weekends is basically all I watch. My one brother (in a nice way) giggled at me at Christmas when that's what was on my tv when I hosted family dinner. I don't really watch the news either. 

I love makeup and beauty and I have a handful of beauty bloggers that I watch and follow, but I can't take all the reality tv. Lo and behold I saw where JLo is starting a show. I don't get it! JMO 

Valued Contributor

I don't watch reality tv because life can be stressful enough without watching manufactured drama in my leisure time. The people become familiar to us and then they turn around and sell us some expensive products and become very wealthy. I'm weary of all the narcissistic behavior that is going on in the world and on the screen. 

As mentioned, it's all here to stay. But we can choose to unplug the idiocracy and the nonsense. It would be very good for the psyche.

Respected Contributor

@beautybee wrote:

I don't watch reality tv because life can be stressful enough without watching manufactured drama in my leisure time. The people become familiar to us and then they turn around and sell us some expensive products and become very wealthy. I'm weary of all the narcissistic behavior that is going on in the world and on the screen. 

As mentioned, it's all here to stay. But we can choose to unplug the idiocracy and the nonsense. It would be very good for the psyche.

Totally 100% agree.  . 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Reality TV is here to stay because of the high ratings. There is a huge audience that watches those shows. The worst & imo is more harmful which I consider Reality TV is some of the commentators & pundits on Cable News. I can't comment further or it would be deleted. Proud to be an American!

@Kabella, Cable News is not monolithic, and one can be proud to be an American no matter which Cable News channels one chooses.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Do not be embarrassed, I do not know even who they are!!!🌻

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I have nothing against them personally , they got rich from doing nothing  , but they work hard at doing nothing. Which you may ask / What does this have to do with beauty banter ? The new haircare line Quai at the Q comes from stylist that works with the Kardashian sisters.This may be an excellent product line , but i still i long for a society that was free of reality stars . Sorry for the rant , not really. Any opinions or am i dreaming. 

@MW in Iowa

I just  don't watch them ....  reality shows aren't real!   They are nothing but "contrived scenarios" .... and who has time for that nonsense?    No one is forcing you to watch them or buy anything they promote.   Time to get a little more discerning with your viewing selections.   JMO

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I have nothing against them personally , they got rich from doing nothing  , but they work hard at doing nothing. Which you may ask / What does this have to do with beauty banter ? The new haircare line Quai at the Q comes from stylist that works with the Kardashian sisters.This may be an excellent product line , but i still i long for a society that was free of reality stars . Sorry for the rant , not really. Any opinions or am i dreaming. 

@MW in Iowa

I just  don't watch them ....  reality shows aren't real!   They are nothing but "contrived scenarios" .... and who has time for that nonsense?    No one is forcing you to watch them or buy anything they promote.   Time to get a little more discerning with your viewing selections.   JMO

True, but I think 'reality' shows target audience are people that are not educated/lower IQ. They are more vulnerable to actually believe it's 'real'

And despite the complaints of over exposure or 'bad behavior' of the actors, they keep watching and feeding them. No eyeballs=no advertisers=buh-bye. What a waste of time and resources.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@MW in Iowa

True, but I think 'reality' shows target audience are people that are not educated/lower IQ. They are more vulnerable to actually believe it's 'real'

And despite the complaints of over exposure or 'bad behavior' of the actors, they keep watching and feeding them. No eyeballs=no advertisers=buh-bye. What a waste of time and resources.  

How very, very true.. Every last word.

ps. "Life of Kylie" headed to a tv near you!

Trusted Contributor

I have never watched a reality show unless you count DWTS the first season. I see no purpose to these housewives and other reality shows. I really do believe this is the reason this country is in such a bad way. It shows how uneducated and gullible we really are.

Super Contributor

I don't follow them, I don't take the time to read articles about them because it's simply not interesting, would not read about them any more than I would read about how to change the oil in my car.

While I don't find them interesting I don't hate them,  I don't mind them, somebody must like them or they would not be the success that they are so I leave them to their fans to enjoy.

I wouldn't say that they do nothing, you can't fault them for being popular and well marketed. I don't follow them around all day but I don't know many people who can do nothing and build an empire.

It would not bother me if someone associated with them was selling a product, if I like the product I would buy it though a K endorsement does not mean much to me.

I did buy their makeup in the past out of curiosity, it was OK, not great.

This thread is  proof of their success and popularity! The fact that someone is actually  struggling to live in a K-free society and finding it hard to do.
If you hate them and someone mentions the K name, just let it go. If you stop hating it will be much easier to do, I promise! Cat Happy