Honored Contributor

Re: I dont agree men age better

@Shanus,

I know!  ...and we have to shell out money to keep our collagen,  keep hair from falling out and going gray. Just Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I agree.  It depends on the individual.  Some just age better than others.

@haddon9  I think you’re right. My Dad had fair skin like mine and green eyes. Got sunburned every time he played golf when younger, paid for it w/ several skin cancers that were removed and when SPF came along, he was first in line & was never without it. Mom has a more olive skin, figured that meant she could sunbathe and get tan and toasty brown. To this day, she sits on her patio sans hat or sunscreen. Dad passed away at 91 with some wrinkles, but  not 1/2 as many as Mom who’s 8 yrs. younger. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It's the genes and that is more than 98% of it.  The other 2% is hydration.

I think wearing sunscreen consistently plays a big part too.

Esteemed Contributor

Genes, sun, water, moisturizer - all make a difference. Seems like men who golf and boat/fish have early lines on their eyes.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Here is what I feel.  The public accepts men who have aged better than they accept women.  MEN ARE DISTINGUISED but women need all kinds of cosmetics or cosmetic surgery.  Men can have gray hair, wrinkles,etc.  Just take a look on tv yourself.  Check out the news anchors for example.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Men have thicker skin than women. They have more collagen than women do in their skin. Men's skin is about 25% thicker than a woman's skin. DARN!  Men also have more oil glands and pores than women do. 

@SilleeMee

I think also that so many men have such nice eye lashes and eye brows!  Especially, lashes!  And another thing --- since their skin is thicker and I guess composed differently, their legs for the most part are good --- no cellulite!!  Not fair at all!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

I used to bartend on the weekends when I was young and would always laugh as the men would comment on the womens looks as they sat there with their huge bellies and bald heads

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I agree.  It depends on the individual.  Some just age better than others.

@haddon9 You’re absolutely right.  My dad never aged and he passed away at 92.  He had no wrinkles and kept a very young age in his face for all those years.  The only thing that changed on him was his hair.  He got grey at a very late age in life.  He was still handsome when he passed.  

Same with my dad. 

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I have been to every high school reunion, the last being my 55th.  I am with my friends  who I attended both grammar and high school with and we are still close..  It has been my experience at the reunions and my friends that we have to look at the men's name tags which consists of their year book picture in order to know who they are while that isn't the case with the women.  

Of course there are those who age well whether male or female but we are always thankful for those name tags at our reunions!!!!!!

I was going to make the same comment. It’s the men at the reunions who look aged (weight, hair loss, ruddy). 

Honored Contributor

@Kay Vee wrote:

I used to bartend on the weekends when I was young and would always laugh as the men would comment on the womens looks as they sat there with their huge bellies and bald heads

@Kay Vee  😄😄😄😄