Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 242
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

I dont agree men age better

[ Edited ]

I have people watched alot and its not that men do not age, they get bellies, thier noses spread more.., they lose hair and they wrinkle. The difference is wrinkles on a man are less noticeable as roughness is part of being a man.

I also do not think men look better because they shave, please woman exfoliate and do all kinds of facial manipulation from thier teens...

 I dont like this lady on that is selling these ideas as I feel they are not trrue and I do not believe in her product.

I think when she does her absorbtion demo, it is obvious she is runbbing harder where she used the device. 

ok just my opinion..

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,492
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I dont agree men age better

I agree.  It depends on the individual.  Some just age better than others.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,847
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I dont agree men age better


@haddon9 wrote:

I agree.  It depends on the individual.  Some just age better than others.


@haddon9 You’re absolutely right.  My dad never aged and he passed away at 92.  He had no wrinkles and kept a very young age in his face for all those years.  The only thing that changed on him was his hair.  He got grey at a very late age in life.  He was still handsome when he passed.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: I dont agree men age better

Everyone gets old looking whether we want to admit it or not. A 90 year old man or woman has lines and wrinkles and you can't stop gravity. Kids do not see their parents ageing until they are in their 80's. My Dad died at 79 and was sick with cancer and to my eye he still looked young, same with my Mom.My Mom's youngest sister is 84 years old now and she looks every bit of 84, but still looks good and gets around well for her age. My Mom's brother will be 91 next month and he looks like a little old man. Unless you go under the knife you can't fool Mother Nature and nobody has genes that good. Just MO.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,758
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: I dont agree men age better

Men have thicker skin than women. They have more collagen than women do in their skin. Men's skin is about 25% thicker than a woman's skin. DARN!  Men also have more oil glands and pores than women do. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 670
Registered: ‎06-11-2010

Re: I dont agree men age better

The one thing we ALL have in common when we age, everything goes south!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,892
Registered: ‎07-03-2013

Re: I dont agree men age better

I don't know that I'd say men age better than women or visversa.  Everybody ages, but I think women are not as willing to admit it. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,667
Registered: ‎06-14-2010

Re: I dont agree men age better

I have been to every high school reunion, the last being my 55th.  I am with my friends  who I attended both grammar and high school with and we are still close..  It has been my experience at the reunions and my friends that we have to look at the men's name tags which consists of their year book picture in order to know who they are while that isn't the case with the women.  

 

Of course there are those who age well whether male or female but we are always thankful for those name tags at our reunions!!!!!!

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,083
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: I dont agree men age better

It's the genes and that is more than 98% of it.  The other 2% is hydration.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,315
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: I dont agree men age better


@SilleeMee wrote:

Men have thicker skin than women. They have more collagen than women do in their skin. Men's skin is about 25% thicker than a woman's skin. DARN!  Men also have more oil glands and pores than women do. 


 

 

@SilleeMee On a lighter note, it’s also more acceptable for men to go grey, lose hair and go bald. Most women are more body conscience and style aware...have to shop for my DH. Men can have a beer gut w/o shaming from their buddies, but women tend to tear each other up for being overweight, too thin, too tight or too loose clothing, makeup, hair color, etc.