Respected Contributor

I don't understand this Sephora discount....VIB..or what?!!

I e mailed Sephora earlier this week, and they said they would notify me with the dates, etc.

Haven't heard as of yet, so I went into Sephora store. They said they needed an emailed code to scan...and different dates apply to different members...Beauty insider, and VIB...what the heck is this? I got the %15 off last April online...so can someone explain what else I need to do? I just called the 877 #...and got the same story.

Contributor

Re: I don't understand this Sephora discount....VIB..or what?!!

You need to get a Sephora account number and every dollar spent gives you points. The more you spend during the year qualifies you to be a VIP or Rouge beauty insider. I get 20% off cards mailed to me that I use to get the discount. The current cards are good from Nov 6 thru the 14. It used to be everyone could use the discount but I have heard that Sephora is now getting stricter with who uses the discount.

Honored Contributor

They should have told you what you were when you spoke to them- Beauty Insider (BI), which is simply saying you signed up for their rewards program; VIB (very important beauty, lol, which means you spent $350 in a calendar year); or VIB rouge which means you spent a ridiculous amount of money at Sephora in the past calendar year {#emotions_dlg.w00t} ($1000+). Based on that "ranking" is when you get to shop and what your % off will be.

Super Contributor

If you have an online account you can check your status there. As others said the Rouge and VIB sale starts tomorrow - not sure if the BI sale starts then too but I know they only get 15% off. I got 2, 20% off coupons mailed to me - one is mine one is a one time use for a friend.

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Beauty Insider and as far as I know, the sale hasn't started for us. If you're not signed up for beauty.com e-mails, you might want to do so. Their friends and family sale is going on through Friday. It's 20% off and you don't have to have spent any set amount to get the discount.

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 vaccinia said:

I'm a Beauty Insider and as far as I know, the sale hasn't started for us. If you're not signed up for beauty.com e-mails, you might want to do so. Their friends and family sale is going on through Friday. It's 20% off and you don't have to have spent any set amount to get the discount.

Actually for BIs, the discount is now only 15%. It has been this % for a couple years now. If you got 20% last year, then you were actually a VIB.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/5/2014 HappyDaze said:

Actually for BIs, the discount is now only 15%. It has been this % for a couple years now. If you got 20% last year, then you were actually a VIB.

Right -- I was referring to the 20% off at the beauty.com sale.

Honored Contributor

oh oops, sorry I didn't catch that part. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

oh oops, sorry I didn't catch that part. Smiley Happy

Sephora and beauty.com carry a lot of the same lines, so no reason to spend an extra 5% at Sephora if you can't get the same thing elsewhere for less. And I also noticed this week that beauty.com only requires a $35 purchase for free shipping.

Honored Contributor

Sephora and beauty.com carry a lot of the same lines, so no reason to spend an extra 5% at Sephora if you can't get the same thing elsewhere for less. And I also noticed this week that beauty.com only requires a $35 purchase for free shipping.

yes and some even better lines that Sephora doesn't carry, like Mally, Laura geller, RMS beauty, jouer, etc. I already did my shopping at the beauty.com sale. Wink I just have one item I need to get from Sephora because so far they are the only one that carries it but I I'm going to wait to see if they offer the gift card instead of getting it during the BI sale. Even if they don't, I am pretty sure beauty.com will eventually carry the item since they also carry the brand and beauty.com always sends me out discount codes all year long. Wow, then this would be the first year I've never bought an item from Sephora during their VIB/BI sale! Times have really changed for my spending there!