Honored Contributor

Re: I don't care for short hair , but Dana

Dana looks wonderful in her short haircut, I have a feeling she considers the short hair freeing. Unless you can look presentable in a ponytail, it's just too much work.IMO

Respected Contributor

Sometimes we are grateful just to have hair.

I think Dana looks lovely.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Who is Dana??

@ID2 . The Perricone rep.

She looks great in short hair because she has the right bone structure for it.  She also has a long neck.....which makes a big difference when you see an older woman with no jawline, a short neck and jowls.

@haddon9  I don’t have a once perfect neck, but still wear my hair in a short pixie. I think it’s perky, youthful. Sometimes longer hair hanging straight against your face, draws attention because it looks like you’re attempting to hide the flaws w/ the hair. It can also drag you down as we age.

@Shanus Having a long neck is nice but I'm sure you have the right facial bone structure for your short hair to make it work well.  I need hair to come down to just under my jawline as the perfect length for me.

Valued Contributor

@Trinity11  -  ahhh...  good to hear a sensible answer.  I'm tired of hearing older ladies insulting older women for having longer hair.  I'm like you, I've had short, long, and inbetween.  I currently have long hair and receive many compliments.  Even my hairdresser thinks I am looking good with my long hair.  I just don't have the face for very short hair. 

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Sometimes we are grateful just to have hair.

I think Dana looks lovely.

agreed. I grew my hair long after losing most of it 6 years ago.

Dana is an inspiration.

Esteemed Contributor

You have to have a pretty head, small ears & beautiful face to wear short hair like that.  Or slicked back for that matter.

Honored Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

@Trinity11  -  ahhh...  good to hear a sensible answer.  I'm tired of hearing older ladies insulting older women for having longer hair.  I'm like you, I've had short, long, and inbetween.  I currently have long hair and receive many compliments.  Even my hairdresser thinks I am looking good with my long hair.  I just don't have the face for very short hair. 

Hi @PatriciaG. I have found over the years that at 65 I no longer can wear my hair very short. My jawline isn't as tight as it once was so a little bit of length helps to soften my features.

I remember how beautiful Jackie Kennedy looked with relatively long hair in her 60's. Kind of shows that we are all individuals and what suits one woman won't necessarily suit all women.

Honored Contributor

Love the short hair.  Glad to see Dana appears well.