Super Contributor

Re: I'd Love a recommendation for an exfoliating body scrub

On 3/14/2014 Harpa said:

Dry brushing with Salux cloth is a great lotion-free way to exfoliate. Great for the body and your circulatory system (internally), but great for the skin (externally.)

I always forget to do that.

Super Contributor

Another vote for Tree Hut scrubs. You can find these at Walmart or Ulta stores. Very reasonably priced.

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2014 MarbellaSpain said:

I like the Salux cloth too. A friend in LA buys these at local Japanese markets for less than $3. The Korean mitt is good too. Several years ago, I bought a $5 exfoliating mitt, made in Italy from TJ Maxx that is just amazing. Had I known how good it is, I would have bought 2. It exfoliates much better than the Salux cloth. I don't know the name, so can't google. I rarely use scrubs anymore. I love Caress Daily Silk shower gel.

You can often find Salux like cloths at TJ Maxx, usually 2 pack for $4.99. The Salux is a bit coarser but the ones at TJ Maxx are still decent.

MarbellaSpain Could this be your Italian mitt?

http://www.magicbodypeeling.com/

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the Salux. It does a better job than ANY scrub I have ever used EVER. It is really superior to anything you can get scrub wise.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Love St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I use it on my face and all over my body and love it!

My dermatologist said no more than once a week on my face, as I have slightly dry skin.

She said many women over-exfoliate!

Frequent Contributor

On 3/14/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 3/14/2014 MarbellaSpain said:

I like the Salux cloth too. A friend in LA buys these at local Japanese markets for less than $3. The Korean mitt is good too. Several years ago, I bought a $5 exfoliating mitt, made in Italy from TJ Maxx that is just amazing. Had I known how good it is, I would have bought 2. It exfoliates much better than the Salux cloth. I don't know the name, so can't google. I rarely use scrubs anymore. I love Caress Daily Silk shower gel.

You can often find Salux like cloths at TJ Maxx, usually 2 pack for $4.99. The Salux is a bit coarser but the ones at TJ Maxx are still decent.

MarbellaSpain Could this be your Italian mitt?

http://www.magicbodypeeling.com/

While this looks intriguing, it is not the one I have. I threw out the packaging and there is nothing inside of the mitt, so no clue on brand. It is made of nylon. And it really exfoliates.

Contributor

I go straight to my kitchen. Olive oil or coconut oil and blend in either Brown or white sugar sometimes I might add a few drops of lemon juice or a couple drops of tea tree oil. You don't need a ton it leaves your skin feeling amazing! Tub can get slippery when you are done.

Valued Contributor

Hi_I like all of the Philosophy olive oil scrubs and I've read on these boards and reviews that the Microdelivery Wash for the body is excellent. I think I've also used one of the Dove line's exfoliating cleansers and I really liked it, too.

Contributor

Tree Hut Body Scrub is the BEST!!!! You can find it at Walmart, Target and Ulta for $6-$8 which is pretty cheap. Your skin feels so soft afterwards you won't even feel the need for moisturizer but I put it on. Their body butter isn't bad either!! HTH
Honored Contributor

Ive been using the paula's choice 10% aha body lotion and it's terrific