Respected Contributor

Re: I'd Love a recommendation for an exfoliating body scrub

Shea Moisture sold at Walgreen's is organic, reasonably priced and works well.

Contributor

On 3/14/2014 dal said:

This isn't a drugstore brand, but like someone else mentioned if you feel like treating yourself my favorite scrub EVER is the Lather bamboo lemongrass scrub - that stuff is AWESOME!!!! Works extremely well, and smells heavenly, even though it makes a mess in the shower...haha....{#emotions_dlg.lol}...they used to sell it here, but now it's sold at hsn, in fact last month I got a jumbo size tub of it when they had they had their beauty dayl which is great since my current tub is half gone. You really don't need to use a lot of it either so it lasts - I use it maybe 1-2x week and it's helped my winter skin tremendously this year in the brutal weather we've had.

Dal i so agree with you! This is an awesome scrub, i sometimes get bumps on my upper arms and this is the only scrub that has worked for me -love the smell also. Got mine on Amazon.

Contributor

THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for the recommendations and suggestions!!

Greatly appreciated!!! I turned 50 in January and have never experienced such dry skin. I need something that really takes the dead layer of skin off so I can effectively moisturize!

I'm looking forward to trying some new products and techniques! Thanks again!!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Honored Contributor

On 3/14/2014 AuntKaffy said: I make my own body scrub with regular sugar, olive oil, 1T honey and any essential oil (though not required)...works like a charm ! I also use the Salux. I have extremely dry skin so an oil is for me a requirement. Occasionally I will buy the Tree Hut brand when they are on sale at Ulta. There are many videos on YouTube for other homemade scrubs but most include the ingredients I mentioned.

I agree about dry brushing altho I use a long handled brush.

I use several rather expensive body scrubs that I am completely happy with and they last a long time. So they really aren't expensive in the long run.

Rather than buying a 'drugstore' brand, buy the 'whole' ingredients and make your own. That way you have control over what's in it and what's not in it.

I would go with organic ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2014 vaccinia said:

I really like Treehut sugar scrubs. No mess in the shower and they're around $6 at Walmart.

Love the Almond & Honey scent which I'm now using. But I don't care for the huge jar, since I don't have a place to leave it in my tub. Wish it came in a tube like others I've used.

Super Contributor

As long as you are going to Target tomorrow - they have/had a salux-like product, so you might want to look for it. By the way everyone describes the salux this is exactly the same and is long and narrow so as someone said above you can hold an end in each hand and exfoliate your back too.

Frequent Contributor

I like the Salux cloth too. A friend in LA buys these at local Japanese markets for less than $3. The Korean mitt is good too. Several years ago, I bought a $5 exfoliating mitt, made in Italy from TJ Maxx that is just amazing. Had I known how good it is, I would have bought 2. It exfoliates much better than the Salux cloth. I don't know the name, so can't google. I rarely use scrubs anymore. I love Caress Daily Silk shower gel.

You can often find Salux like cloths at TJ Maxx, usually 2 pack for $4.99. The Salux is a bit coarser but the ones at TJ Maxx are still decent.

Super Contributor

I have to weigh in here. I know it is not a drugstore brand/price, but the BEST scrub on the market is Lather Bamboo and Lemongrass. I love it because it really does the job. It is a hard-core scrub. It is not gentle per se. I don't even particularly love the smell, but it is the only one that continues to work the best for me. I really cannot say enough about it. I enjoy other scrubs on the market, but when I need a substantive exfoliation, that is the one I always go back to.

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2014 nuck said:
On 3/14/2014 dal said:

This isn't a drugstore brand, but like someone else mentioned if you feel like treating yourself my favorite scrub EVER is the Lather bamboo lemongrass scrub - that stuff is AWESOME!!!! Works extremely well, and smells heavenly, even though it makes a mess in the shower...haha....{#emotions_dlg.lol}...they used to sell it here, but now it's sold at hsn, in fact last month I got a jumbo size tub of it when they had they had their beauty dayl which is great since my current tub is half gone. You really don't need to use a lot of it either so it lasts - I use it maybe 1-2x week and it's helped my winter skin tremendously this year in the brutal weather we've had.

Dal i so agree with you! This is an awesome scrub, i sometimes get bumps on my upper arms and this is the only scrub that has worked for me -love the smell also. Got mine on Amazon.

Sorry. I did not see this before I posted. Man, I feel like it takes a good five layers of skin off (in a good way!) Then my moisturizer seems so much more effective. It is incredible!

Super Contributor

I love the Philosophy Fresh Cream scrub and the olive oil scrub. Not at Target but possibly at Ulta's.