Honored Contributor

Re: I contacted CM at Paula's Choice about Beautypedia

Beautypedia is not gone! I was just there this morning looking at some reviews. 

But I still think it's a weird browser-based issue. It has something to do with the way pages are loaded or not. I opened ingognito, halted screen before it loaded then hit enter to reload. Complicated I know...it shouldn't have to be this way.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

Still cant get to beautypedia on iPad or my laptop using various web browsers-just reroutes back to the PC website. I have a feeling those who think they have access to it think so because of the tab but don't realize it takes you back to the regular website and not the actual beautypedia or it is just cached.

I'm able to get to Beautypedia from Chrome (latest version) even after I deleted cookies and cleared cached files.  I've even clicked on various reviews, and can read them fine.

I can enter beautypedia dot com, and it directs me to Paula's website (paulaschoice dot com slash beautypedia) where there are two tabs at the top of the page -- one for Beautypedia Reviews and the other for Paula's Choice Skincare Store. I just click on the Beautypedia Reviews tab. On the left side of the page, in blue/gray, is the section you can filter reviews. EDITED: Actually, if I enter beautypedia dot com, it takes me directly to Beautypedia Reviews without me having to click on the tab at the top of the page.

I can also get to the reviews by entering paulaschoice dot com, but then I need to click on the "Beautypedia Reviews" tab at the top of the page.  On the left side of the page, in blue/gray, is the section you can filter reviews.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

From the first notice that some had trouble, I have been able to access Beautypedia in the same way I always have: googling and clicking on the link.

It's up and running, but obviously their revamping has caused some glitches. I'm sure it will be fixed.

Rumors of its death are very premature. :-)

Also, they will be reinstating the FAQs section on products on the PC site, according to CS.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

I can't access it on my Mac through safari and chrome.  I can get it on my Ipad but not on my iphone beautypedia App.  What is wrong with the App?  Don't understand any of this.  

Frequent Contributor

Honestly, I think they have been messing around with their website and not informing people about it. 

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am on my iPad and can still see the live chat option but live chat isn't available right now.  I have noticed for the past year or so the live chat option mysteriously comes and goes, lol.

Still cant get to beautypedia on iPad or my laptop using various web browsers-just reroutes back to the PC website. I have a feeling those who think they have access to it think so because of the tab but don't realize it takes you back to the regular website and not the actual beautypedia or it is just cached.

Nope, I'm actually getting to the Beautypedia website and able to search products. Have cleared cache and cookies several times and can still get to the page. I'm wondering if it's the version of browsers people are using. My DH is a techie, so we always have the latest uodated versions of everything.

Super Contributor

Funny, I just went to look up something on Beautypedia (on Chrome) this morning and thought it was gone. I just cleared my history, googled it, clicked on sub-links and it worked.

Of course now I can't remember what I wanted to look up Woman Frustrated

Frequent Contributor

I just recieved another email from customer service today. Here was the note I received:

"Thank you for contacting us! Some areas of our website are currently under renovation. As we work to revamp our site, we have temporarily removed the Beautypedia link from Paula’s Choice. This is part of our ongoing effort to better understand how customers use our site and will enable us to further improve that overall experience. In the meantime, please use the following link which should resolve the matter right away:

Following this link will restore the “Beautypedia Reviews” tab to the upper left-hand corner of the page so you may access that part of the site. Please note that we have observed some problems using Internet Explorer and recommend using a different browser such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox for example (if possible) to access this link.

We appreciate your patience while we work on this project. If you have any additional questions, please let us know! We're always happy to help"

I won't put the link here as it is against QVC policy. 

I still feel that anyone who wants to use the site should contact customer service. HTH