Honored Contributor

Re: I changed my mind on TSV - here's why

I have been to 3 different derms over the years and got such conflicting info so it's whatever works for anyone. They aren't 100 percent correct and it's just each derm's opinion.  Many are aligned with certain brands that their practice sells and will have negative things to say about anything other than those products.  Plastic surgeons know what derms know plus more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl  I hear you on this one Ms WG.  I'm the same way ie having too many other products that I thought 'this will be the one' syndrome.  Then I go out (here lots of times) and buy someting else.  Tired of doing this, tired of spending/wasting lots of money doing this, mostly tired of not seeing results.

What I've chosen to stick are a few products by PTR - the only items I've really been faithful to for the last couple of years (2-3).  I have seen results with his unwrinkle pads; I use his facial wash (takes it all off including/especially mascara), followed up with an unwrinkle pad and his moisturizer (day) and the PM Retinol oil. 

Makeup routine is simple - one of either Mally CC, Dr Denese SPF50 tinted moisturizer, or IT CC cream, IT bye bye concealer, IT setting powder, a light hand BM mineral powder.

Trusted Contributor

My derm sells nothing to her patients, so she has no motive.  Retin-A, cetaphil, and any simple moisturizer of you rchoice is her recommendation.  SPF, of course.

Trusted Contributor

I am really curious so will try it out for a couple of weeks (on ez pay for around $20).  If I don't like it for whatever reason, back it goes.

Honored Contributor

I have no interest in this TSV, but honestly, I don't think it matters whether she or her website says "plastic surgeons" or "dermatologists" or both.

I see it as no more than a sales pitch. Seriously, a simple phone call to either or a brief visit would qualify as "working" with either group. And even if it is more than that, what makes anyone think that other brands don't also consult with such professionals.

We all really have to work hard at not falling for sales pitches.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

My skin doesn't respond to this brand, although I do like one of their lipsticks. And I won't ever purchase anything with an SPF that high, because 99% of the time it irritates/destroys my face. I prefer zero SPF in my products. That way, I can add what I want if I prefer protection.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1, I was on the fence about ordering. Didn't really want either of the creams but I wanted to try the foundation. I figured to buy the brush and the foundation separately would be more than the eye and face cream. I do think that this foundation will work for older dry skins. It has a nice glow which I like in a foundation. Hope that I am not disappointed. Oh another point to bring up is that I watched a blogger review this TSV. She mentioned that even though this seems like a small amount of foundation, it really contains quite a bit. A cream can't be compared to a liquid in weight. 

Contributor

I'm not buying this TSV (I have a lot of products now) but I adore her products. I had 2 basel cells removed on my face and one scar was very deep and noticible. I bought the Celebration Foundation, Bye bye Concealer and CC Illuminating Cream. They cover my scars unbelievably. I did a demo for my Derm/Surgeon (they sell nothing there) and they were amazed and took note of the products. The PA commented on how great my skin looked as well.

I use Josie Maran's Argon Oil and Whipped (unscented) then I follow with the IT products. I also think her brushes are excellent and a nice touch when added to the makeup products at QVC. At Ulta the brushes are really expensive.

Valued Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:
I'd like to try the foundation, but can wait until Ulta gets it. Main reason: She works with surgeons, not dermatologist. I posted about Cerave. If you read their reviews, derms recommend. I'd rather use skin care dermatologist believe in over plastic surgeons. Just my thoughts.

Any makeup company can get a doctor (surgeon, dermatologist, neurologist, vet, etc) to 'endorse' their product.  they just have to find someone with the degree and pay them.  If you want to wait until Ulta has it so you can try it for yourself, more power to you but I certainly don't base my purchasing decisions on which exact speciality of physician they have endorsing their products vs who they did not get:  I get them based on what I like and the results I get. 

Respected Contributor

@Tantallum wrote:

@MercysMom wrote:
I'd like to try the foundation, but can wait until Ulta gets it. Main reason: She works with surgeons, not dermatologist. I posted about Cerave. If you read their reviews, derms recommend. I'd rather use skin care dermatologist believe in over plastic surgeons. Just my thoughts.

Any makeup company can get a doctor (surgeon, dermatologist, neurologist, vet, etc) to 'endorse' their product.  they just have to find someone with the degree and pay them.  If you want to wait until Ulta has it so you can try it for yourself, more power to you but I certainly don't base my purchasing decisions on which exact speciality of physician they have endorsing their products vs who they did not get:  I get them based on what I like and the results I get. 

Sooo, have you gotten good results from the 4 products in this TSV kit?